Feedback from the newest MuditaOS 1.5.0 release

As you know, last month we released a new version of MuditaOS for Mudita Pure.
MuditaOS/pure_changelog.md at master · mudita/MuditaOS · GitHub
Do you guys have any feedback on the new release?

1 Like

So far here in Denver, it’s a bit better but a similar story. It works outside, but indoors it struggles. I am hoping to test more this afternoon. The OS is stable as always, just connectivity is the weak point. Glad to see the improvements, support, and updates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Jose_Briones Have you had a chance to test the VoLTE function?

1 Like

Hi,

I am very satisfied with the general speed of the system, the various unexpected blockages have disappeared.

Unfortunately, how it picks up the signal has deteriorated significantly (Germany T-Mobile).

If it used to pick up almost everywhere 2G or 4G alternating, now it loses the line very quickly. One very bad thing is the fact that it now tries to switch between 2G and 4G during calls, so it drops the line during a call.

I’m also having problems with the battery, it no longer recovers to full power and sometimes it shuts down and shows a logo as if the battery is gone.

Unfortunately your customer service is scandalous (support@mudita.com) so I am seriously thinking of selling the Pure (but that’s another topic).

Thank you for your question.
Greetings Fabio

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

2 Likes

@newhorizons Thanks for the feedback- I will definitely pass this on to our team.
My apologies about your experience with Customer Service. I will ping them about your situation & follow up with feedback.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply and understanding.

Regarding the battery, I just performed a system reset and now it recognises it when fully charged.

For customer service I wrote you a private message.

2 Likes

Wish I could let you know. I purchased a phone back in October and have had to exchange it 3 times. I have not received a response from customer service in a week about the shipment of the 3rd replacement. Guess I will just be ignored now, so I feel that it might be time to let everyone know who looks at this forum to stay as far away as possible from this company and device.

2 Likes

I checked if I could leverage this as often when I make a call indoors the following happens.
4 bars drops to no bars as soon as I hit call.
I can have the call, but once I hang up bars do not return…
If I try and call the phone back from my company line it does not ring…
The Pure will show the mudita logo like its rebooting it self…
As for VoLTE - I checked my options for this and it says not available. But I suspect this is because I have a voice only sim Card with no data available to it. I throw another sim in and test this.

2 Likes

@albatross87 I replied to your msg. Everything is getting taken care of.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you. I have received tracking information.

3 Likes

@albatross87 You’re much welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have tested 1.5.0 for few days. I don’t find any difference in call quality (or new features added) compared t 1.4.0 release. My pixel 4a works well (better call quality) in the same location.

Forget about new features, why don’t Mudita focus on improving call quality? The only reason I switched from light phone 2 to mudita pure is; better battery life and LTE TDD bands support in mudita pure. If the voice calls are as good as other smartphones I can continue to use this phone otherwise it is a showpiece.

Any hopes of improving the call quality in future releases? Or it’s what it is now.

3 Likes

My phone shows: VoLTE: not available. The SIM has data plan as well.
Any settings to enable this VoLTE feature?

2 Likes

@ramamohan Thanks for your feedback. I’m not sure how long you’ve been following the updates on the forum, but, we’ve discussed the call quality issue on various other threads.
The truth is, the audio on Mudita Pure will never be as crisp as it is in a digital smartphone. The technology/hardware/software is different. We may be able to improve it somewhat with subsequent updates, but it will never be like a smartphone.

1 Like

I would always have this similar situation as well from what I remember. Outdoors for me would be fine on Fido.

2 Likes

@cjc26 I talked to our team about your situation. It sounds like something else may be going on. They would like to take a look at your logs. Would you mind sending them to us VIA Mudita Center & DM me your serial number.

1 Like

I have sent them along and passed you the S/N… Thank you @urszula

2 Likes

@cjc26 Got it. Thanks. Passed this info to our team. I’ll get back to you as soon as they respond.

2 Likes

When is the next update coming? Is there a change-log available somewhere about what we could expect?

1 Like

@worldcitizen88 I will be posting links to the changelogs next week. So stay tuned :slight_smile: