Feedback from the new 1.6.0 Mudita Pure software update

Just wanted to ask all of those who have updated their Mudita Pure for feedback on the new software release.
A few members have commented that it’s running smoother & holding the signal better. One user noticed the battery is lasting longer.

We would love to hear about your experience.

1 Like

So far, no crashes. Battery performance also looks improved. And signal level is quite stable. Some of the calls are still not clear; they are muddy. I’m continuing using this phone as my main phone.
Request Mudita team to add VoLTE support in other countries in the next release.

3 Likes

I can confirm that it holds signal better and battery lasts longer but I have only 2 issues, first displaing non latin Text such as arabic and the inability to use USSD messages with my operator as its needed to renew packages and plans and activate or deactivate features or even use mobile wallet

2 Likes

@Amr_Osman Thanks for the feedback. I think several people have noticed that after the most recent update, Pure is running smother & it’s functioning better.
As to the two issues you’ve mentioned, we can’t promise anything about the localization due to some previously discussed limitations. Arabic, with all its beauty, is the most difficult language in the world to render well. RTL + combining characters calligraphically. Unfortunately, the font in Mudita Pure is not created for non-Latin alphabets.
As for the USSD codes, our team is looking into it. One factor might be that your network provider uses some codes which are not programed into Mudita Pure for the simple reason that Mudita Pure was not tested in Egypt.

One of the things holding me back from being able to use this phone daily is the fact that non-Latin characters are not supported. In my case it’s Norwegian letters. Is there any plans on extending the supported characters in the future? Otherwise i’m quite happy to see the ongoing developments happening.

2 Likes

@hausken Thanks for the feedback. We do have some special characters in Pure. You can access them by pressing * for 3 seconds. Perhaps some of the ones you need are in there. I also asked our team if adding new ones would be possible.

1 Like