Feature phone and pictures dilemma

@iota I got word that it will be finalized before launch in the next 2wks!

2 Likes

Fantastic, thanks for chasing it up :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is the punkt mpo02 the light phone 1 and 2 the mudita pure and 2 others i cant think of off top of my head right now but they do exist no camera feature phones im glad to see mudita join that already existing space of no camera feature phones.

2 Likes

@iota Just got word that we passed all the tests for Australian RCM certification.

2 Likes

I am thinking about which camera to get when I’ll switch to feature phone at the moment. Probably at first, it might be my old smartphone (without apps installed, no SIM etc), but I have been looking into mirrorless and other compact digital cameras for a few years already. It’s crazy what smartphone manufacturers pull out of those tiny, compact lenses and sensors; sometimes it looks better than the raw picture out of a dedicated camera. Of course, with a slight edit in Photoshop, the camera looks much better than the phone, but that extra step you seem to still need to take in some scenarios. Maybe I should just look for higher-budget cameras that take pictures “out of the box” looking as good (or better) than the iPhone?
I don’t like the idea of manually post-processing images on my computer all the time, to be honest. Then I prefer the automatic (even if bad) “auto editing” that the iPhone applies to all pictures - I hope you understand what I mean :smiley:

Long story short: is there any camera in particular that you would say is compact to carry around in a coat pocket and produces images equal or better quality than a modern smartphone? If not a particular camera, what price range should we be looking at?

2 Likes

I clearly get what you’re saying. I have a Sony a6000 which has an enhanced auto mode already built in. If I didn’t have a proper camera already I would definitely go for a more compact camera like the Sony RX100 VII, a bit expensive but worth it.

2 Likes

I just logged on to ask this very question. Thanks so much for following up on this and great to hear it’s good to go. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! I already heard about those two cameras; was looking at Sony a6400 actually, as well as Fuji X-T30, but I think it will also be a good idea to try them in person to get a feeling for the size and weight.

1 Like

I’m in a kind of that dilemma. I always have the new iPad mini with me, so I take quick pictures, especially documents. I also have a GoPro for working videos and a Canon PowerShot SX740 HS for “tourism” walkings. I think that it fills my needs.

1 Like

@roberto How do you like your camera. I’m thinking about getting a new one. I currently have a Lumix DMC-XS1GC DMC-XS1GC: DMC-XS1GC-Product_ImageGlobal-1_mi_en
Although I love the size & day light PIX quality, I’m looking for other options.

It has a superb zoom (40x + 80x digital), and the daylight pictures are ok. I’m a bit biased because I used the iPhone 11 pro before for photos, and its quality is better, but I find somehow the Canon pictures more natural and editable.

Perhaps, you can visit a store and try some cameras to see what suits you better.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/point-and-shoot-digital-cameras/long-zoom-cameras/powershot-sx740-hs

1 Like

So, I went to a photo store and I think I will get either the Fujifilm X100V or the Fujifilm X-E4 with a nice lens. They are both super tiny (fit into a fanny pack or coat pocket) and take great jpegs. I’d probably set it to JPEG + RAW so if I get a real great shot, I can even improve it in software later.
Tbh you get insane photo quality if you spend instead of 1300€ on an iPhone Pro Max, on a 1K camera and 300€ phone.

1 Like

if you want a small and compact camera to carry in pocket .there are amazing high pixels cameras available in mobiles and you can edit pictures by learning https://bestpicsart.com/

1 Like