Feature Idea: Multiple Alarms on Mudita Harmony

Hey Mudita community!

We have been loving our Mudita Harmony. Just one thing, me and my partner have different work schedules. (I get up at 9, he gets up at 5) and I am always worried if he will forget to reset the alarm in the morning. The ability to set two separate alarms would be so helpful for us!! Any chance that’s a work in the process?

Thanks!
Maddi

2 Likes

Hello @sanehome thank you for your post! I believe someone has already mentioned the need for two separate alarms. We always note all suggestions to our products and we review them in our Design Team. Thank you for mentioning it, it’s a feedback for us it’s an important feature and we should take a closer look into it. We do have a backlog of new functions and features to implement so we won’t be able to just add it to the nearest release but we’ll try to give it a higher priority :relaxed: Once again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas, glad you like your Mudita Harmony!

6 Likes

Hi! I really like the alarm clocks.

I wanted to ask whether it’s now possible to set up more than one alarm time. Me and my girlfriend need to get up for work at different times - something which I guess is pretty common - so it would be great if the alarm could be automatically set to ring at two different times.

Is it possible now with the 2.0 Harmony or 2.0 Bell, please?

2 Likes

@cajhi Thanks for reaching out. Your question is very valid & our community has asked about this previously. Currently, it’s only possible to add one alarm, which we do understand, complicates things when the alarm clock is shared by more than one person. However, we have passed this on to our team & we’re checking if this is something which we can implement in a future update.

4 Likes

Hi @urszula, many thanks for the reply. If you hear back from your colleagues, would you please let us know here what is the view on this, internally?

If this is possible to implement, and you would be looking to do it, I would be happy to buy the clock and wait for a future update.

But a similar note has been shared here in April 2022 by @aleksandra (‘we will try to prioritize this’), but since then it has not happened, even though it has been a year and a half.

It would be great to understand whether this is something which you would find possible / desirable to implement in one of the upcoming updates, or if it is not realistic to expect this within, say, the next 1-3 months.

Many thanks!

2 Likes

Hi, any updates on this / likelihood it could be implemented in a foreseeable future, please?

2 Likes

@cajhi I will reach out to our team about a possible time frame on this feature & get back to you.

3 Likes

Hello,
i’m writing here to show my interest into this multiple alarm feature.
I know that your OS is open source and i wanted to know if it is possible to try to develop this feature by my own.
thank you

2 Likes

Thanks Urszula, let us know how’s it looking, please

2 Likes

@cajhi I did talk to our team, but unfortunately, currently we do not have this on the roadmap of new features. The reason for this is some hardware and software limitations that maybe difficult to overcome when it comes to implementing a multiple alarm function on Mudita Harmony.
If anything changes, I will be sure to post on the forum.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the update. It’s a shame, I really like the idea and the design but at the same time I really struggle to justify paying 200 euros for a digital alarm clock which doesn’t support a basic feature like setting up more than one alarm, that’s absurd.

2 Likes

@cajhi Yeah, this feature would definitely be great.
However, if you think about it, the way Mudita Harmony hardware currently works to activate & de-activate the alarm (By pressing on the big top button/knob), it would be nearly impossible to incorporate a second alarm into the equation. If person A gets up at 6:30am & person B get’s up at 8:30am, then there would have to be a separate mechanism to keep that alarm activated while turning off the first alarm. It’s more of a hardware issue at the moment.

1 Like

@urzula. I was also really hoping for this feature to be added, and I agree its very disappointing at this price point to not have at least two alarm options.

I know your team has thought this through well, and there may be other reasons for not implementing, but could you just require the top knob to be reactivated after the first alarm is de-activated?

ie: You created an “Alarm 1” and an “Alarm 2” menu in the main menu. Each with the current alarm settings options, but also add an option to have that alarm ON or OFF (will be activated/de-activated by the top knob, or wont be activated/de-activated by the top knob). Then when the top knob is hard pressed (showing red) it would activate any alarm that is ON in its settings. When the person using the first alarm hard presses the top knob, it would de-activate both Alarm 1 and Alarm 2 (the problem you outlined). BUT, if the person using the first alarm hard presses the top knob again, both Alarm 1 and Alarm 2 are activated and Alarm 2 will go off next. The person using Alarm 2 then hard presses the top knob to de-activate Alarm 2, and simultaneously de-activates Alarm 1 until the top knob is hard pressed to activate any alarms that are ON for the next day.

This leaves the responsibility of making sure Alarm 2 is active on the person using Alarm 1, and may cause some arguments, but still sounds way better than not having the Alarm 2 option at all.

2 Likes

@trv Thank you for reaching with your ideas. We really appreciate it. I will p definitely pass them to our team and what they think about this solution.

1 Like

While I am sure small team is devoted to new products this year, this multi alarm setting would be helpful. I am looking to buy the same device first.
Having the same problem (partner with different time schedule) would love to see this feature implemented first.
On HW problem - hardware press would null first alarm, passing the off feature again to second. This is I suppose possible in software/OS.
Surely takes some time and thinking, but since its growing demand related to already mature product, hope could be on the radar.

Addendum: IS the same case for Harmony 2 or is this just older model quirk?

Thanks.

1 Like

@RasVoja It’s for both models. The way the hardware operates is the same in both models.
Thanks for the ideas. I will definitely talk to the team about it.

1 Like