Exposing The Flaw In Our Phone System

Interesting but scary stuff…

2 Likes

@John_Andersson I’m scared to watch this…

1 Like

So I actually watched this video (a rare thing for me to watch!) and the scariest thing for me was the promo at the end - I just thought of this software data being used by AI - the software, I believe, is used to train critical thinking in humans by their direct interaction with solving problems in the program.

Interesting video but disappointingly with no offered solution - well, never fear - get rid of the phone and you get rid of the tracking/hacking problem! :smile:

Thanks for posting it @John_Andersson

2 Likes

@galtions I think you’ll back me on this :slight_smile: Let’s bring back the home phone :phone:

2 Likes

Haha, yes for the tracking/hacking solution / no for other personal reasons. My vote is for telepathy :grin:

1 Like

Okay, so I just quoted your previous post @urszula and the ‘system’ automatically edited the post and removed the quote… Curious! Why did you do that ‘system’?

1 Like

Just watched. I like some Linus tech tips, but beside tricking the phone system by certain dials etc. I didn`t quite catch how they did what was presented at biginning.
I did pay attention that services that had firewalls were resistant to this kind of attack, so maybe that is lesson to be learned here.

1 Like

Even though I like the home phone, this movie from Veritasium was not about hacking cellphones, but hacking the phone system of telecom operators. It’s a hack to reroute incoming calls and messages. As a remedy for this hack they state that 4G/5G only networks are not susceptible. In Europe we still use 2G and 3G because of all the IoT rolled out before 4G was a thing.

The other - better - solution that you should keep in mind for the Mudita Kompakt is to make use exclusively of secured messengers like (sadly) Whatsapp or Signal or other alternatives and preferably without a phone number. You have to use them over WiFi and without sim card.

2 Likes