Does the Mudita Pure work on the Shaw network in Canada

My only concern is I take both my kids to sports and I have to run errands I want to be reached in case of an emergency. So that is a concern if I am being honest. Hopefully the sim works today when I get the new one and I can do some test calls around different areas of my city

1 Like

I am wondering actually if I should just switch to freedom mobile as I pay monthly with public mobile on no contract and it ends in a few days

I am on the TELUS network and have zero bars of service with latest software version applied yesterday - 2022-08-09.
I received one txt from the carrier and after that a x appeared in the corner next to no bars. I am guessing at this point the radio is not strong enough to get a signal? Is this being improved?

1 Like

@cjc26 How was the network connection BEFORE the software update?

@urszula this I can not be sure of, as I only just received the phone, connected it and followed the guides to make sure I was running the latest software updates. After the software update was completed, I placed my TELUS sim card into the phone and releaized it was registering under settings just fine, displaying the phone number and even details under APN. I than received a txt from TELUS as they noticed I switched phones, but the reception bars are always at zero and sometimes an “x” appears in the top next to where those signal bars should be than sometimes goes away.

1 Like

@cjc26 I think another Canadian user @cardio79 said they found some success with Freedom Mobile.

@cardio79 do you happen to know if their is a spec sheet showing what GSM bands the pure supports?

1 Like
2 Likes

I am convinced than the issue is with the SIM / Plan… Going to try freedom mobile talk and text plan only LTE plan and will report back. Currently they offer 100 bucks for the year unlimited, talk and text.

2 Likes

Return the phone…the only provider it works on is Freedom and even then the connections are spotty and it ends up being very frustrating. This device can’t be used in Canada without significant challenges, this was the main reason I had to return the phone. The phone itself is gorgeous

2 Likes

Sorry I am not technical at all I am not sure

1 Like

I would strongly advise against that.

2 Likes

Trying pay as you go first very cheap. Given the facts from the spec sheet, and that Freedom just confirmed compatibility of the device via the IMEI number and given the GSM / LTE etc bands it utilizes, There is no reason why it shouldn’t work. That said, if it does not modem updates may be required to reach satisfactory / compatibility.

After all, it is “Disconnect, while staying connected” I would like to achieve that last part when necessary :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used pay as you go…it was a CRAP experience…

1 Like

Ontario or?

1 Like

yup…not reliable at all. If my kids needed me I would not trust this device…too many times it would go disconnected for 10 plus mins…I went up to Grand bend with my family and we got seperated and I could not get a connection. I am going back to the LIght phone which I used on Public mobile…no issues fantastic experience

2 Likes

Interesting, I had looked into that device also. Shame, this device is one good looking simple device. Thank you for the tips, I will keep these under consideration in the next week or so.

2 Likes

No problem. I am not saying it can’t be used. It does text and you can make calls. It is just not a reliable connection. But can you use it, you could but for me it was just a very frustrating experience

2 Likes

Also forget about using it in your basement. You will not get a connection.

3 Likes

Please test and let us know what happens :slight_smile:

2 Likes