Do you know what is the difference between Tidal Hifi and Master?

I’ve been using Tidal for a long time. But I can’t figure out the difference between the two Tidal subscriptions, which one do you subscribe to if you use Tidal Music?
By the way, I usually use the Tidal Music app with ViWizard Tidal Music Converter. Although this converter doesn’t require a Tidal subscription to download songs, I’m still pursuing higher-quality music. So which Tidal subscription is recommended for downloading?

1 Like

This question bothers me too. I usually just use AudBite Tidal Music Converter to transfer my playlist from Tidal to my FiiO M11 Pro for listening. Never paid attention to the sound quality before.

1 Like

Tidal offers different tiers of audio quality, and both Tidal HiFi and Tidal Masters are higher-quality options compared to the standard subscription.

1. Tidal HiFi: This tier provides lossless, high-fidelity sound quality. It streams audio at a higher bitrate compared to the regular subscription, delivering better audio quality with FLAC (Free Lossless Audio Codec) files at 16-bit/44.1 kHz, equivalent to CD quality.
  2. Tidal Masters: Tidal Masters is a step further in audio quality. It features hi-res audio recordings encoded using Master Quality Authenticated (MQA) technology. MQA is a type of audio codec that delivers studio-quality sound with higher resolution than standard audio CDs. Tidal Masters can stream at 24-bit/96 kHz or even higher, offering a more detailed and immersive listening experience.

In summary, while Tidal HiFi provides excellent CD-quality sound, Tidal Masters takes it a step further by offering studio-quality, high-resolution audio, which might be more appreciated by audiophiles or those seeking the highest possible audio fidelity.

2 Likes