Czech localization

Hello. Could I be of any help with the Czech localization? I can only offer doing it as a spare-time job, of course, and I currently have no idea how much work it is, I admit.

1 Like

Could you be more specific? Are you referring to helping with language input?

When I think about it, I meant Pure UI and desktop app rather then language input.
Generally, How difficult is it to add support for another language?

1 Like

Hi @anon67184507
Thank you for reaching out. Actually, we’re currently looking for someone to help with this as we have one of our community members working on Czech localization as we speak (write?). Please apply to become a part of MuditaOS Developer Preview and the rest of the instructions will be sent to you by email: https://mudita.com/products/pure/muditaos/

Also, you need to be aware that this requires some knowledge about using GitHub - have you ever participated in any Open Source projects before?

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hello @Wojciech_Cichon and thanks a lot for your explanation. I would love to help but I’m afraid I have no experience with GitHub and open-source development. At least you inspired me to sign up with GitHub and go through the Hello World tutorial just to get what it is about, and for that inspiration I thank you.
Obviously I underestimated the complexity of computer system translation foolishly thinking that all what is needed is just two colums with words and phrases in two different languages in some import-able format.
Never mind, I will slowly go through my GitHub studies and will come back when I feel I have some more experience.

2 Likes

@anon67184507
I might have scared you off :wink:
It’s probably easier than you think and I would encourage you to go for it - as soon as your on the Dev Preview I can help you out and point you to the Czech localization that awaits a peer review. Going through it is more or less like adding comments to a text file :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Wojciech_Cichon
Do you need help. with Finnish localization?

I could also help with documentation, fixing bugs and developing on going features.
I am currently working as a C++ developer and I have some work experience from mobile phone industry. I could participate in the project part time.

I have already applied to the Developer Preview program, is it still on going?

3 Likes

Hi @hihaiu thanks for applying - yes it’s still ongoing. Look forward to an invitation inside your mailbox soon. At this point, no one is taking care of Finnish localization so you would be the first one to start making it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay! Looking forward to it! Already received a survey and now I can’t wait to get started, so excited!

2 Likes