Chatr mobile Canada

I detailed in another post how I tested out Lucky mobile which is owned by bell. Fantastic connection top notch even in the basement but not able to send out texts. Glad I tried it out to see if by some miracle it worked. So this morning I ported my number over to Chatr mobile which like Fido is owned by Rogers. I have found the connection to actually be better than Fido away from the windows. I am really happy with this. Going to be taking the phone out today but I have been making calls from my deck and call quality and connection are fine. Basement is the same issue but I am okay with this. I am happy to have the phone back !

3 Likes

@cardio79 Thanks for sharing your feedback. Just to make sure, we’re all on the same page- this is from your experience with your NEWLY acquired Mudita Pure?

1 Like

Yup. It is interesting because indoor reception varies. I have found in certain buildings like a book store I went to my connection inside was fine. But older buildings like my house or older stores etc that is where reception gets spotty. But what is interesting is I thought okay this is a low sar thing but why is it with Koodo (owned by telus) and Lucky, Vigin mobile (both owned by bell) the phone connects perfectly in the basement. Here in Canada if those last two providers could just text out the Mudita would work Flawlessly here

2 Likes

I have been able to use the phone for my needs. I barely if ever talk on the phone. I had to call my Dr right now from my office for an appointment and I just made sure I was close to the window. Call was clear got no complaints from the other end that they had trouble hearing me. Not ideal always standing beside a window but hey if I get to keep the pure I will do it! lol

2 Likes

So you’re able to call just fine & just the texts don’t work?

1 Like

When I was using Lucky mobile yet, but I switched to Chatr, with them I can do everything but the reception in the basement is zero

2 Likes

And I am excited for my blue Nokia 225 to get here. The combo of these 2 phones will suit my needs till the new Mudita comes out :slight_smile:

2 Likes