Just got back from 2000 miles of road using PaperMaps, and it worked really well! I noted down just 5 things I’d change.
Since this is a long road trip a lot of stops were planned ahead of time, meaning I didn’t actually need the places directory. Maybe a toggle in the app to turn off Google API requests, if you just want to navigate to specific addresses?
Remembering the state of voice navigation. If I mute it in one navigation it should start muted in the next (at least that’s my preference)
I should be able to change the center of the search radius per-search, instead of only in the default settings. That way I can find something at my destination rather than the closest option.
If my current location can’t be determined using GPS, allow specifying a start location based on an address, helpful for finding mileage.
Also helpful for finding mileage, show the mileage on the route overview screen, so you don’t have to start the drive to see the total mileage.
Just some things I noticed, nothing made the app unusable or unpleasant. Overall it was a smooth and reliable experience. Thank you!
If you do decide to change it, I have a feature request:
Hitting the back of forward buttons on my headphones should skip back or forward in the episode. Also, it would be great if there was an option to choose a diferent time-interval for forward skips an backward skips.
And I might have found a bug, but it could be intentional: finishing an episode doesn’t delete it.
I still love the app and will keeping using it regardless of whether you update it or not. In my opinion, the UI is great as is.
By the way, I do like the PaperApps UI for the PaperTunes app, I don’t agree with the other poster that it is confusing.
I feel the same way. I’m hoping that as the new PaperApps roll out, the CalmApps still stick around. I tried switching from CalmMusic to PaperTunes and ended up switching back. The PaperApps UI feels unnecessarily complex and distracting, having the next screen to the right always peeking out of the margin, and it makes the usable width of the current page even less than it is already. I really don’t want to switch to the PaperApps but I love the CalmApps and don’t want to lose the functionality.