Blog: Life without a smartphone in 2022

Here’s an interesting article around the topic of finding the best smartphone.
BONUS: They mention Mudita Pure :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am an iOS developer. That means I make money via developing an app (for work).
I also have 4 personal Apps on App Stores and constantly updating them.
I ditched my iPhone 6 back in October 2018 and never owned any smartphone since then. In rare situations that I need to test my personal Apps, I borrow an iPhone from a family member for no more than half an hour.
I have one Company provided iPhone which is used only to test the company’s apps. We are not even allowed to put our personal SIM Card and use it.
The only technology I have is my Mac. No iPad, Apple Watch, etc…
I wish I had ditched my iPhone much earlier.
I would rather to have fewer friends with whom I can actually talk than many friends whom I can text only.
For parents, living in another city, I can use FaceTime on my laptop. With friends who does not have an Apple device I will call them or send very very short text on my flip phone. After 2-3 texts, I give up and call.

3 Likes

Ya, it’s right without a cell phone our life is bearing and most of the things today are the many works done by a smartphone like messaging, calling, transactions, online shopping, video call, etc. It is not enough uses, it is more than uses and I think without a smartphone it is not easy to do all things, Thanks to you for sharing this outstanding topic for discussion.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your input @shelem and @kickmobiles
I must admit, I am nowhere close living without a smartphone.
A weekly day of disconnecting… maybe, maybe.

1 Like

I had this setup before smartphones. I actually have never wanted internet connection in places I’ve lived, but whenever I lived with someone, they considered it a necessity. I think there is potential for more creativity without the internet. Without my smartphone I am definitely on my computer a lot more-- home Internet is too convenient-- and that is something I want to work on.

2 Likes

Ditching a smartphone is not for everyone but if your plan is to disconnect once a week, it’s very possible. I am sure you can do it and I promise you wont miss anything. Let me know how that goes :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Keep your fingers crossed! I might just try it this weekend (it’s long weekend in Poland with a bank holiday on Thursday).

1 Like