Blog: Life without a smartphone in 2022

Yeah not sure I am getting it yet. But when I had to use my Titan pocket yesterday because I left my light phone in my sons room after he fell asleep I fell right back into my old addictive ways. Its unreal how it stays with you. The moment it was back I was distracted while watching tv, not paying attention just checking emails etc. I felt that old back in the matrix feeling. It was refreshing to put the smartphone away

1 Like

Also I see that the black is out of stock now too. Does that mean you guys are done having either color in stock?

1 Like

I would actually get it for 338 canadian with the case, I sold a computer I donā€™t use for a 100 bux so that total I am saving 200 bux canadianā€¦would be easier to swallow at that price, plus I always preferred the white color over the blackā€¦once again decisions decisions lol

1 Like

@cardio79 Both colors are out of stock right now. Itā€™s hard to say when we will have them both in stock. We do want to make sure that we try to improve as much as we can in the next batch,

I bought the one on eBay for a good price. I am going to give it a try again! Lol

1 Like

Happy cause i save a 100 dollars and got the case as well. I just need to understand and be patient with the minor issues i had with the device. It works for me. Yes it wont work in the basement but if i am in a situation where i know i need to be reached i will just swap Sims to my titan. I am just excited again i really missed this device.

1 Like

And this time i cant return it so i am making this work!

1 Like

@cardio79 I think if you give it some time, weā€™ll get there.

Yeah think I just needed a bit more patience. At the end of the day I barely use my phone to begin with. I get a call a day maybe. But if I am being honest the deciding factor was the price I got the phone for. Plus the profit I am going to make with my Titan pocket when I sell it and my keyone that I am about to see to someone the mudita is literally only costing me 100 dollars, so that is worth giving it another test drive. Plus it was the pebble version which is my fav

1 Like

I got an even better deal, saved another 100 and I am getting the device new with a case for 235 dollars american!

1 Like

Hi @urszula - further up this thread, you mention that you were getting some more Pures back in stock, and I see that the Charcoal Black is now back in stock. I was waiting until I got paid to get a Pure, specifically wanting a Pebble Grey version. There were recently 3 on eBay at the same time, but seem to have all sold over the last few days. Do you know if you will ever get any Pebble Grey Pures back in stock, and if that is likely to be any time soon? Iā€™m trying to decide whether to just get a black one or not - I always wanted the grey right from when the project was in its infancy.

2 Likes
2 Likes

@roberto
I saw this. I think itā€™s GREAT. I really believe we are at the beginning of a new digital revolution- one where digital minimalism is the key.

1 Like

I was one of the buyers :metal:

1 Like

I have owned both and honestly the white looks better. I usually prefer black phones but for some reason the pebble grey just suits this device.

1 Like

Love this. Love seeing this movement of people trying to live a more meaningful, peaceful life.

@cardio79 I think itā€™s because the pebble grey color is definitely unique. I donā€™t think there is a phone of that color on the market. My BBQ10 is white & I usually see white phones, if they are of a light color. Or maybe, light blue.

1 Like

Iā€™m following the ā€œNo Internet dayā€ series from @Jose_Briones. I recommend you to see them.

3 Likes

@roberto Thanks for sharing. I remember he mentioned on Twitter that he would take 10 days off each month. Thatā€™s very admirable.

Its inspiring, well done @Jose_Briones !
Its an interesting observation that internet addiction is not bound to a device; you just keep your habits and migrate to a new platform. BUT I wonder what internet would look like today if smartphones did not existed?
Anyway, I have thought about getting rid of internet at home for the last 6 months or so. Then taking my laptop to the library, using the public wifi for an hour twice a week, checking email, downloading stuff, paying bills etc. Watching the news once a day on tv.
Still working on the details how to solve things the alternative way. And mustering up courage to actually do it.

3 Likes