Blog: Is Your Phone Affecting Your Mental Health?

Life is all about balance. Recently, there has been a noticeable lack of balance in nearly every aspect of our society. The unhealthy polarization, the intrusive attitudes of governments and corporations, and the mass manipulation towards an obsolete system are paving the way for a perilous future.

I’m not worried about people’s choices or their mental instability, as that is not my concern. What worries me is that, in the near future, the majority of the new generations will occupy important positions within society, including in the government, and they will dictate what is good or bad, and that will influence everyone. In my opinion, this is not about novelty but rather a reflection of a profoundly immature and manipulated generation that is increasingly detached from their human essence.

6 Likes

Education is the key? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/MagnusVigso/status/1754116896155136510

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd This is seriously scary & disturbing.

2 Likes

Education is a matrix, but not all in this present ideological and obsolete educational system we are experiencing. Critical thinking and self-reflection are, in my opinion, currently useful ways to still be a bit of ourselves.

3 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/apples-vision-pro-plagued-by-returns-discomfort-and-lack-of-productivity-drive-dissatisfaction/ar-BB1inkk9

2 Likes

@roberto: Thank you for sharing that article about people returning their Vision Pro devices for refunds. Here is the URL to a “More for You” article that is quite related to the one about Vision Pro:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/i-gave-up-my-apple-watch-after-7-years-of-wearing-it-every-day-i-m-happier-and-healthier-without-it/ar-BB1i93sn

2 Likes

I had an Apple Watch Series 6 for less than one year. I was optimistic that it would bring some meaning to my routines and give me an idea of the daily steps. It didn’t. It started with the fact that I had to charge it every single day, then some annoying and unnecessary notifications that were not able to be deactivated. Much after I sold it, I found out in the health app that it also counted how many times I washed my hands (!). It is extremely intrusive.

Now, I have a basic and mini step counter with me and a Casio GA2100, which I only need to adjust the hour twice a year.

3 Likes

That is a nice combination! I wore for many years an Omron pedometer at my waist. I eventually found a Garmin Forerunner that tracks steps without activating its Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or GPS functions, and I activate the GPS function ONLY for walks, runs, and races. I stopped using the Garmin Connect app to sync with the Forerunner after I decided that I did not want all that personal data stored at Garmin. I manually transcribe race data from the Forerunner into a spreadsheet, which is handier than Garmin’s site anyway when I want to compare my race performances.

3 Likes

I have had an Apple Watch SE. I bought it for gadget fun and less phone screen time… it worked! I didn’t looked at my phone screen as much, but instead I tilted my wrist every 30 seconds to see if I missed a message or so…:man_facepalming:t3::man_shrugging:t3: So I sold it, and bought a normal watch.

( the Mudita watch is on the way as I speak )

I found this video… and it is something to reflect on…

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that quite touching speech by a man who died too young. May others continue to share his message.

3 Likes

I didn’t know he past away! :pray:t3::disappointed:

2 Likes

This is why I never owned a smartwatch. It’s just replacing one screen for another.