Beauty Pageants for the AI generation

This article made me pause & I have some serious concerns, specifically how AI-generated beauty contests will impact human perceptions of beauty and body image. No to mention the ethical considerations. As a woman this disturbs me.

I’m curious what do you guys think the other implications of using AI to mimic human traits and behaviors could be?

3 Likes

this could very much be problematic. Like, who is creating these ‘contestant models’ and who is judging? I feel it would be a slippery slope both ethically, morally and even from the stand point of where resources are allocated when it comes to AI development? is this really a priority?

3 Likes

This comes before the next step… “human engineering”
You go to a doctor and you “order” a baby. You choose how it is going to look like, what traits it has etc… they are going to engineer it and put the modified fertilized egg in the uterus. So you get the child you want. And A.I. is going to help you create…

Sorry, but that is a kind of a horror future we are heading to imo.:expressionless:

2 Likes

@mausje75 My friend, in the US, already did something similar. She wanted a boy & a girl. She wanted the boy to be older & then the girl to be younger. She wasn’t going to take chances, so she & her husband found a IVF doctor who would do what they wanted.

2 Likes

When there is a chance that a baby could inherit a terrible disease. Then I would have no problem with that. ( for the baby and child to have a good life ) But when it is for a “fashionable” reason, I am against it.
If you understand what I mean.

2 Likes

The misogyny is strong with this one.

1 Like

@mausje75 Definitely with you on this one. It’s a slipper slope.

1 Like