Audiobooks! What to play them on?

So I know this has been somewhat covered before, I just can’t find the posts –

What do y’all use for Audiobooks?
I’ve got an OpenAudible license and have taken them all out of Audible, but now I’m a bit stuck – if I was to use an mp3 player, I feel like it wouldn’t “remember” where I was up to in the book?

2 Likes

I bought a second generation iPod mini from eBay and upgraded it from 4gb to 256gb and swapped in a new battery. Parts are crazy easy to come by for these so it was perfect. It has an audiobook section that will remember where you were so you can pick up where you left off. It also supports skipping chapters if the info is in the audiobook file.

4 Likes

Oh, they have audiobook software? I didn’t know that, that’s pretty cool! I’ll have to look into it.

3 Likes

iTunes or the Books app (depending on if you have a mac or pc) will mange the books. And iPods have a special section to handle them that allows resuming previous position and chapters.

3 Likes

@grilledcheesebb :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese:
I have an OLD (2014) smartphone which I’ve repurposed as an Audiobook player. I’m an avid audiobook listener, especially when I travel. I’ve removed all the useless apps from it & it doesn’t have a sim card. I only use it with WiFi.
I got this idea from @kirkmahoneyphd he posted about it a long time ago.

4 Likes

Is it possible to listen to large audiobook files in mp3 format on the Mudita Pure? does it remember the position on the book where you left of?

2 Likes

@superior We are currently revamping the music player. One thing that works for me & helps me play my audiobooks is downloading the audiobooks in chapters. This makes it much easier to keep track of where you stopped.

1 Like

I used OpenAudible before for downloading Audible books and converting them to MP3. Indeed, it is convenient. But since it has charged, I gave up it. Now, I am using ViWizard Amazon Music Converter which has the same function as OpenAudible. It’s cheaper than OpenAudible I found.
audible

2 Likes

Tunelf Audio Converter lets me download audiobooks from Audible and iTunes to MP3 without DRM. Maybe you can have a try.

1 Like

Has anyone tried Mudita Harmony for their audiobooks?

There are several popular platforms and apps people use for audiobooks. Some of the most common ones include:

1. Audible: This is one of the most well-known platforms for audiobooks, offering a vast library of titles across various genres.
  2. Libby/OverDrive: These are connected services; Libby is the app, and OverDrive is the service behind it. They allow you to borrow audiobooks from your local library digitally.
  3. Scribd: Scribd offers a subscription service that includes audiobooks, ebooks, and other written content.
  4. Google Play Books: Google’s platform where you can purchase and listen to audiobooks.
  5. Apple Books: Apple’s platform that includes a wide range of audiobooks available for purchase.
  6. Storytel: This is popular in certain regions and offers a subscription model for audiobooks.

Each platform has its own unique features, subscription models, and libraries. Choosing the right one often depends on your preferences, the selection of books available, and whether you prefer a subscription-based or pay-per-book model.

1 Like