Hello. I’ve recently started getting into audio books. I’ve also discovered that my cheap, generic MP3 player is no good for listening to audio books. I’ve been thinking about buying a new device to listen to audio books with. Does anyone have any recommendations?
My requirements are:
- Portable device that is rechargeable or that has easily swappable batteries
- Must be able to remember the position that I’m up to within an audio file, even if the device is turned off
- Easy to copy files to the device from a computer, using USB, and without the requirement for any special software
- Is not a phone, tablet, “smart” device, etc.
- Not too expensive; no more than a few hundred dollars in price
I haven’t really started researching yet and I would be grateful for any suggestions.