Amazing signal in Chile (LATAM) and some first impressions

Hi! This is my first time posting after months of lurking because two days ago I finally got my kompakt! I ordered it from dumbwireless and it arrived well. I have to say, I use entel (and have a Movistar esim) and the signal is impeccable! I think I’m the first person living in Chile to comment on the phone working here but it does!

Now I have only used it for a short while but the only issue I had was the fact WhatsApp blocked my main number when I tried logging into the WhatsApp I got from aurora store (thats wy I had to buy a cheap esim), but I suppose that may be whastapp’s fault more than Mudita’s OS.

Apart from that everything has worked great! I especially love the chess app and the default maps app works wonderfully here. On side loading I have to say, I’m sad that theres no native russian keyboard, so I can vouch for fleksy! and of course I adore katapult as well, amazing launcher (needed for whastapp notification dots).

the only real question I have is when is the 1.5.0 update coming? I know some lucky few of you already have it and I am envious.

4 Likes

The Mudita team has indicated that more detailed information regarding the schedule will be provided on Monday.

2 Likes

I got it yesterday, and telling from my experience, pretty much everyone should have it within 1 week.

2 Likes

@reddvelvettes Welcome to the Mudita Forum! We’re glad you’re here. Thank you for this feedback & we’re happy to hear that your Kompakt is working nicely in Chile. I think you purchased the North American Version? If so, then you should get the update shortly.

1 Like

Hola tambien soy de chile y me gustaría comprar este celular. He investigado sobre el pero no habia visto ningún comentario de alguien en chile que lo tuviera. Me podrias comentar que tal ha sido tu experiencia diaria con el y si has tenido algún inconveniente para usar con los operadores locales (entel, movistas, etc)