Alarm sound not going off

Am I missing something? I got the mudita bell…I set the alarm…picked the alarm and the volume but when the alarm goes off the screen just lights up…no sound

2 Likes

Hi @cardio79 i think i might have replied to you in previous thread:
“… the alarms are designed to wake you up gently. The light switches off before the sound and even the melodies themselves start very quiet and are audible after few seconds. Bear that in mind when testing the device. […]” I’d recommend you to give it another try. The light turns on 10 minutes before the sound and the tracks are starting very quiet too. It’s enough though to wake up, but you can always adjust volume to be sure it’ll be eventually loud enough. Hope this will help.

1 Like

Looks like it worked…but why is an alarm going off 5 mins after I have sent it?
Can I only set these alarms for exactly on the hour? I read your thread about how to do it for 830 for example…is there no other way to do this?

@cardio79 As Aleksandra wrote, Mudita Bell is not intended to jar you awake with a loud sound. It’s going to go off really gradually. First the light, then the sound will slowly start & get louder with time.

1 Like

I’ll be more precise with how the alarm was designed. Our organism has certain sleep phases, when we are in deep sleep and suddenly get woke up by an alarm it causes several disadvantages for our organism. Because of that, we designed a pre-wake up light, that will turn on before the sound. It lights up gradually, simulating a sunrise, and naturally it makes our brain leave the deep sleep phase into a lighter sleep. Our brain unconsciously, slowly wakes up and prepares the rest of the organism to wake up. For some people the light might be even enough to wake up, but the sound alarm, that also starts very quietly, begins few minutes after. By the time it starts, our brain is prepared to wake up, so is our body. The whole alarm simulates a natural process of waking up, which eventually makes us feel more rested and less stressed first thing in the morning. The alarm can be changed, you can turn the light off and leave only sound on, change melodies and volume. Try different settings and check out what works the best for you.

As for next questions i think i’ve answered it in the second thread. You can set an alarm on any given hour on an analogue clock however it’s a bit more tricky at the beginning. The alarm hand works with hour hand to set the alarm off. To set the alarm at 6:00 am we simply point the alarm hand at 6. To set an alarm between 6 am and 7 am you should divide that length between these hours. 6:30 will be exactly in the middle between 6 and 7. 6:15 am? 1/4 of the length. 6:45? 3/4 of the length etc.
Please remember it’s an analogue clock so pinpointing an exact hour on the dial might be hard, therefore there might be a few minute difference which is totally normal. In other words, if you set an alarm at 7:15 am but wake up 7:18 - don’t get frustrated, try to move the alarm hand a little bit early. Always recommending to point the alarm a little bit earlier for the light to turn on and sound turn up. It’s a great habit to save few minutes in the morning for gentle wake up and start the day on the right foot.
Hope you’ll find all this tips and infos in both threads useful, let us know if it helpful for you. If you’ll have any more questions just pop up another message here, we’re always happy to help!

2 Likes

@aleksandra Thank you for explaining it so clearly. I have to admit, that in the beginning, only the sound would wake me up, but after using the Mudita Bell for the last 9 months, my body has gotten used to the light first & it’s definitely a better way to wake up. It’s almost feels like you’re waking up on your own. It’s very soothing & so much less stressful.

1 Like

^ I feel the same way about the pre-alarm light on my Mudita Harmony. It almost feels like ‘cheating’ to wake up before the alarm sound! :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info I am enjoying the alarm. The look and design. Cheers

1 Like

How long can the battery on the Bell last after a full charge?

1 Like

Same here. Mudita Bell/Harmony is hacking us. :smile:

2 Likes

@cardio79 It’s about 2-3 months, however, I can never remember when I charged it, so I make it a point to plug it in every 6wks or so. The sounds in the Mudita Bell will let you know when the battery is low.