AGM M6 arrived today

Not sure if anyone has heard of this phone but it arrived for me today. It is a very retro looking phone like a nokia from the late 90s. The one thing this has that the LP2 or light phone 2 and the Punkt do not is the ability to put in events into the calendar. It actually even has a very simple archaic browser that you can’t get addicted to but could look up an address if you needed it. I really hope the calendar update for the Mudita pure happens sooner than later. I have put away my Punkt for this reason. I will be using this phone till my mudita gets here but not sure I will be able to put it away right away because that calendar function is so key for me. It has reminders that really help me during the day. Rather have them in my phone vs carry a note book around

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that about the AGM M6, @cardio79.

My USA-based MVNO supports 4G LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 12, 66, and 71.

• AGM M6 can work on 2, 4, 5, 12, and eight other bands.
  • Mudita Pure can work on 2, 4, 5, 12, and nine other bands.
  • Punkt MP02 can work on 2, 4, 5, 12, and seven other bands.

So, it’s good to know about the calendar and limited-Web functions in the AGM M6, in case my still-to-be-shipped Pure does not have enough signal strength, etc., for me!

2 Likes

Yeah I have to say this is a great phone. It does not look minimalist but its a nice retro phone. I have been lucky with the LP2,Punkt, and AGM all working on my phone provider Public mobile which is owned and uses telus towers so I am pretty confident the pure will work as well

2 Likes

@cardio79 This is INDEED a really neat-looking phone. A bit too rugged for my taste, but definitely interesting.

1 Like

Yup it is bulky. I am just going to be using this as a hiking phone because of its insane battery life and rugged form. Right now its my daily driver until my Mudita gets here. Although I am contemplating the Sunbeam F1 which has got great reviews

2 Likes

@cardio79 Just out of curiosity? what’s the battery life on it?

Oh really good can get you through probably 3-4 dayys

2 Likes

@cardio79 Is that with regular use or idle?

Not sure but I have put it away and I am back on my Punkt. It is too bulky for regular use but I threw it in my hiking bag as a back up phone if I ever get lost. It has a great flash light on it

1 Like

Thank you for sharing! I hadn’t heard of AGM. I think I will also check it out till my mudita pure gets in or as back up. Great idea switching it out for adventures! Also sounds like it would make a great emergency bag phone.

@urszula - On a side note, I recieved the Kickstarter email about (original backers) contacting you if we haven’t recieved the shipping confirmation email this week. It’s mid week and I haven’t recieved it yet. Holding out, but wanted to know where/who to contact if it doesn’t come in. I completed the survey. Also I am assuming I am an original backer, not 100% sure.

1 Like

@madjam Did you complete the Backerkit back in NOVEMBER 2021? Can you please DM me your email & I will check the status on your order.

Does anyone else have a problem with the battery cover on AGM M6? My phone has a very weak “click”, so the back case always tries to get off the main case.

1 Like

Yes it is finicky at first. But eventually its gets easier to take it off, but it was definitely a challenge to start! What is your experience like so far with the phone?

1 Like