Add custom font

Using default font won’t be suitable for every one, would you please consider adding ability for user to use custom fonts for example “.fonts” folder in storage and add UI to select font from list.
and it would be great if you would also add larger font toggle for near sighted people
that would be very helpful
Thanks

4 Likes

@Amr_Osman Thanks for the idea. To be honest, I’m not sure how feasible this would be- but I will ask our team & ask if they can comment on this.

3 Likes

Even I feel difficulty in reading the text on Pure. Adding multiple font types and sizes is highly appreciated.

3 Likes

@Amr_Osman & @ramamohan We are planning on having the option to increase the font size that is currently on Mudita Pure. Adding custom fonts can be problematic because it may alter the UI

2 Likes

Being able to regulate the size of the font is very important. I remember there was a discussion earlier that this will be possible. Can we get an estimated time when this feature will be available?

2 Likes

Ok at least would you add a font that support non latin characters like Arabic for example as SMS from my provider are in Arabic and I always need a computer to read them

1 Like

Let it be the problem of the user, just support ~/.fonts and at least make it usable in SMS AND PHONE APPS ONLY son we can name contacts and read sms with non latin characters

1 Like

Not just any font. Improved contrast, helps people with worser eyesight and anyone, plus seeing in sun

@Amr_Osman It’s not as simple as that. With non-Latin fonts, we would also have to take the UI into consideration. The typing direction is also affected. You know that you are able to see Arabic on Mudita Center?
And you can reply in Arabic as well.

I know that, but using a laptop to read SMS when I am out is a big hassle, mudita should have made our life simpler.
most cheap phones support reading any characters I have a 30 USD nokia phone that works great and reads my SMS :frowning:

1 Like

@Amr_Osman We understand that it can be frustrating, however, at this moment it’s not something which we could implement.
You know, MuditaOs is fully Open Source, so if the Arabic-speaking community wants to take up the challenge of Arabic localization, we would be happy to consider it. Our Swedish community helped with adapting the MuditaOS software to the Swedish language, regional peculiarities and technical requirements of the target locale.
However, at this moment, I’m not sure we have enough users in the Arabic-speaking world to undertake sure a task.

Actually I could help with that… I’ll investigate and see what I could do

1 Like

@Amr_Osman That’s awesome!

I know this is not popular nowadays, but what about Cyrillic support?

1 Like

@RasVoja The font that is currently in Mudita Pure, unfortunately, does not support the cyclic alphabet

Can be done, its just unicode subset. I understand not now, in future. What can we do, we need Latin and cyrillic Serbian here

1 Like