A step counter in the phone?

Hello!
What about a pedometer in the phone?
Like the meditation timer, I think it could encourage one to go out for a walk every day.
It’s not necessary but it would be a nice little feature.

3 Likes

Hi @mem, I will pass your suggestion to our team, it is a nice idea!

3 Likes

I’ve been using pedometers as motivators for years. I aim to take 10,000 steps a day, and I love it when the little man raises his hands in greeting as you overcome it.
I bought an Omron pedometer because I was training to climb Mount Kilimanjaro.
Perhaps smarter people today have apps on their phones displaying the same information, but I figured why not try this out . Not me, because I don’t have a mobile phone, I just like it and it is very convenient to use.

2 Likes

@georg Waking is definitely a path to a more mindful life. Personally, I walk about 10km with my dog everyday. To quote Hippocrates, “Walking is man’s best medicine.”

Definitely think this is a great idea too :slightly_smiling_face:

I consider this to be bloatware. If you will add this feature to the phone please also add option to disable it or hide it somewhere deep in UI so that I don’t see it. Please keep it simple. Please stop defeating the purpose of this whole project.

@alexlya Although, I’m a HUGE fan of walking, I’m also a proponent of simple thing. I agree, a step counter is not a necessary feature :slight_smile:

1 Like