Blog: We’ve reached an important milestone!

Join the conversation & let us know your thoughts.

4 Likes

We will now focus our attention on fulfilling all the remaining orders as soon as possible. Once those orders are completed, we will concentrate on perfecting Mudita Pure as well as shipping out new orders as they are placed.

If perfecting means good quality calls and reliable text messaging will be possible, then that’s good news. However, I would like to consider whether it would not have made sense to ensure these basic requirements before delivery. :thinking:

5 Likes

This is really great news, but I get lost w/ the Jargon. If I bought a pebble gray through the website much earlier this year, is that included in the ecommerce mention above or is that just the charcoal black version (well aware that folks that bought prior to me receive theirs first). Not being pushy, just trying to understand exactly what this means because I am the “trial run” for our office and trying to figure out what this means schedule-wise. Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Lets hope the phone can make calls and do SMS’s reliably as soon as possible.
My Pure is sitting on the desk gathering dust as a paperweight until it can.

5 Likes

What region are you from? You can use the phone at all?

1 Like

@thilodus We understand your position. However, with all the previous delays we experienced, some due to the pandemic, some because of supply-chain issues, the feedback we received from Backers was that they preferred to get the phone as soon as possible and wouldn’t mind waiting for the additions features to be implemented later. That said, some feedback about bugs & features people WOULD like to see, only reached us AFTER the phone was sent out.

@rumpole You know you can return the phone for a full refund if you are experiencing network issues that make the unusable. Did you submit a claim?

1 Like

Hi Urszula,
I don’t want a refund, i just want it fixed so its both usable for myself and others.
I don’t think my issues are network specific. They aren’t a lack of signal based issue at least.

1 Like

@rumpole There’s an update coming out this month. Let’s see how the phone is after the update.

Just replying to myself to bring this back up - anyone have any info on the jargon used in the update? TIA for any info!

2 Likes

@mrm I’ll be happy to clear it up for you. Mudita Pure was originally created as crowdfunding project. The nature of crowdfunding is that it helps develop & make new & creative projects a reality. Before Mudita Pure was offered for sale on our website, it was was a crowdfunding project on the platforms Kickstarter & Indiegogo. The practice is basically the funding of a project or venture by raising money from a large number of people who each contribute to the realization of the project. When someone contributes money to a crowdfunding project, they are called 'Backers." However, crowdfunding is a risk. Backers support a project when it’s just an idea. There is a chance that it might not be realized. Mudita Pure was successful in becoming a reality, even though it took over two years. Once we finished crowdfunding & we were able to develop & manufacture Mudita Pure, we offered the phone in a pre-order sale on our website. We called those clients our eCommerce customers. We’ve always maintained & we were transparent about how we would fulfil all orders. To be fair to everyone, shipments are being done chronologically. Our first priority was to fulfil the orders of our crowdfunding Backers because without them, this project would not become a reality. This update was intended to inform our Mudita Community that we are finishing our crowdfunding journey & we well now focus completely on fulfilling the eCommerce orders. We are manufacturing both Charcoal Black & Pebble Grey phones, however, more of our backers requested the Pebble Grey phone, that’s why we were able to send some of the Black phones to a handful of eCommerce customers. Hopefully, this cleared up some things. If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

3 Likes

Thank you for this! I knew the crowdfunding part and fully understand those folks and folks that purchased b/4 me will get their devices first (only fair and I think that was in my original post). I was clarifying that my purchase earlier this year was “ecommerce” because I couldn’t tell if there was a separate pre-sale option or if they were all in this category of “ecommerce”. I “think” you are saying I am ecommerce and have to wait my turn - so I’ll go with that (unless you correct me - which btw is totally cool as I am newer to Mudita). Folks in my office are super interested in this phone so they are bugging me almost daily for updates. Many thanks!

1 Like

I have rolled the dice and ordered the phone again. Hopefully everything works out because I love the look of this phone. Returning my Punkt next week. Excited for the Mudita pure to get here!

1 Like

@cardio79 I’m so happy you decided to give us another chance.!

1 Like

the look of this phone always draws be back in lol.

2 Likes

Hello,
I came here to look for an update when I can expect the phone I pre-ordered in October last year… On April 21, I was told still 10-12 more weeks. Are you still on track for this shipment? Pebble Grey color… Not a KS or Indiegogo backer here but wow. Been waiting forever and I would sure love to know what the next steps are, how many folks you got like me waiting in the pipeline… Where are our waiting # so we can track progress? (e.g. if you are fulfilling e-commerce folks chronologically, can you tell us which order month you are fulfilling or something along those line, by color even because that seems to be the issue?)
Thanks

2 Likes

@aoife Thanks for reaching out. We are still on track to finish all those shipments in the next few weeks. I will have more information when the next batch goes out next week.

2 Likes

I totally share the frustration hidden between these lines: My mudita pure is no longer in use since it crashes all the time:

• Person calling → crash
  • Missed call → no number displayed in 2/3 of the time
  • From time to time why not crashing
  • Walking around whilst calling → losing connection
  • … → or crashing
    This is Beta. Absolutely not amusing and way below my expectations.
    Using the Swiss network. Same behaviour in Germany.
3 Likes

@heaven I’m sorry you’re experiencing issues. Would you be able to send logs to Mudita via Mudita Center?
The next update is supposed to address the stability of the system.

Do we have a July update coming? And if one wants to switch over to the black model, are those available to ship now?

3 Likes