What are some books which are on your reading list for the New Year?

I just picked up:
Love People, Use Things: Because the Opposite Never Works.
It’s a book by Joshua Fields Millburn and Ryan Nicodemus, the guys behind The Minimalists.

I have to say, it’s a really nice read.

1 Like

Hi,

nice book although I have read better ones, I started the year with:

The Daily Stoic: 366 Meditations on Wisdom, Perseverance, and the Art of Living

So far I´ve been quite taken with it, one of the few that has fascinated me since the beginning.

2 Likes

I’m interested in looking at this one. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

99,9% of my reading is from my professional field. I’ll follow this topic closely.

I’ll, however, suggest a book that opened my eyes to understanding the human being as an animal we are: “The Human Zoo” by Desmond Morris.

2 Likes
  • The Gulag Archipelago, Volume 2 (half-way finished!)
  • The Gulag Archipelago, Volume 3
4 Likes

I just ordered this one-

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd This series is on my to-read list as well.

Otherwise, I have been following a one year Bible reading plan, my husband and I are reading Atomic Habits together, and I have quite a few other books on topics I’ve been interested in such as fitness, homesteading, livestock, sewing, traditional culinary methods, and more. I generally prefer non-fiction where I can practically apply what I read. I sort of bounce back and forth between books on my Kobo Sage depending on what I feel like reading at the time.

While we’re on the topic, I’d just like mention that there is a currently untapped market for a truly open source ereader or eink tablet, just in case the Mudita team needed yet another product request.

3 Likes

I’m currently reading 20 Double Fine Years (https://doublefinebook.com/).
Once I’ve finished that, I’m going to start on A Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games (A Guide to Japanese Role-Playing Games | Bitmap Books).

2 Likes

Just finished the first volume! I swear Solzhenitsyn is a born writer
meanwhile, a much-neglected topic was covered which was awesome.

I’ve been putting it away for too long, so decided to jump back into
Sapiens: a brief history of humankind
…we’ll see how it goes :see_no_evil:

3 Likes

The title caught my attention. It might be worth reading.

3 Likes

This is a great book. I recommend it.

3 Likes

@worldcitizen88
GREAT choice. I’ve read it. Our brain loves habits/routines
I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again: Routines reduce my decision-making cost. This means I can focus & concentrate on things that really matter.

1 Like