We need your help designing our new phone!

Yeah for me it does not make sense to begin on a new device when the current device has the issues it does. People that bought this phone invested a lot of money into the project and to now switch gears seems very counter productive. Just my two cents. Multi-tasking does not work, focus on one thing and get the job done before moving onto another project.

6 Likes

Also for QWERTY phone, so rare nowadays, dumb or android.
Plus see old Pure 2 thread! MP3 has potential, improved latest Bluetooth for sure, better carrier / SIM compatibility is a must!

3 Likes

You forget design to customer takes a lot of time. Current phone is slowly fixed and new one will start with latest OS, so its parallell. Some of the quirks may be hw related, so only way out is newer model.

10 Likes

That reminds a bit of this joke known amongst software development teams:

Whatā€™s an undocumented feature?
A bug with seniority.

5 Likes

@sim8500 Thanks for this. It made me giggle :smiley: Iā€™m gonna pass this on to our devs.

6 Likes

I bet they already know it.

5 Likes

This was not covered in the survey, but I think the new phone should have the option to set a custom ringtone for calls & messages.

7 Likes

I already totally disassembled my muditaPure and found that there is several modules. Iā€™m then wondering if you could offer to purchase better antenna or speaker to improve the current model. Iā€™m currently only really lacking connectivity to use it as my main phone. Signal strength is not enough at home for pure.

4 Likes

I agree with this.

4 Likes

All that minimizes EMF is what matters to me. E.g., it is highly important and utterly essential for me with as low SAR as possible and no 5G to minimize EMF to an absolute minimum which is the exact reason why I choose Mudita. High SAR and 5G phones you can find anywhere else.
Thanks for ā€œlistening,ā€ and continue the excellent work you do for a healthier life! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

@user1 Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely pass this on to our team. This is a very popular feature which many users would like to see.

3 Likes
  • Keep low SAR, solve operator antena problem
    .- Polish software
  • Improve eink response time and quality (see Hisense)
  • Insert 8MPix Zeiss camera
    .- Support for large and fast cards WITH 2 SIM cards
  • Add Wi Fi tethering, but just that
  • Stereo spekaers
  • QWERTY keyboard
  • 6000 MaH battery for such phone, changable
  • USB dock for charging, Battery brick included
  • Wireless charging
  • Durable material, protections. No luxory materials
  • HQ and customizable keyboard
  • Extra keyboard shortcut keys and small scrollball or mechanism
  • Google Assistant alike voice command and assist
  • Several health related sensors
  • Downloadable offline usable maps
  • Some eink functions from Yota Phone 2, like end freeze, smileys on camera
5 Likes

Yeah the connectivity is a hit or miss, I did feel lucky that in my case I did get a provider that worked for me, not being able to get calls in the basement was hard. But I would be lying if I said I donā€™t miss the muditaā€¦I still think sometimes I should give it a third try lolā€¦not even joking

5 Likes

For me, personally, all I want from a future phone is a phone that does phone calls and that does text messages and that does them both extremely well.

Any of the other features, like alarms, timers, calendars, playing music, Bluetooth, USB tethering, WiFi, a colour screen, cameras, web browsing, reading books, maps, taking notes, etc, I do not want on a phone. If I want to use any of these things, I will use a computer instead of a phone.

Other than the phone functionality and the text messaging functionality, the only other applications that the phone should have are applications that are directly related to making phone calls and sending text messages. For example, a contacts application should be included, because it is directly related to making and receiving phone calls and sending and receiving text messages. Also predictive text should be included because it is directly related to sending text messages.

From my experience the best products are ones that only do one, or two, things, but do those things exceptionally well.

8 Likes

Exactly. A reliable device for clear calls and text messages without lag.

7 Likes

if you did a new pure it will fail, as the first one has a very disappointing history, first fix the pure one, or no one would buy the next pure. we have issues with battery life, non latin text, and signal and call quality. so first keep updating your OS until it become usable and then think about the next big thing as no body would trust to buy with that fialure situation we currently been having.

7 Likes

They can learn from their mistakes and still make a better device. And they have said they will keep bringing more updates to the Pure.

5 Likes

after my experience with the current phone, I wonā€™t think again to buy the next phone except if they call the current release and updated all our phones with a fixed hardware, they claimed they will ship a super duper speakers, what we got a speaker that we can hardly hear. and signal drop every where. how we can trust that the next pure will be actually working. fix the current pure first and regain our trust.

6 Likes

First impressions definitively count. But also giving a company another chance also has value. But to each their own :slight_smile:

4 Likes

When I saw these three mockups at the top of the page, it became clear to me that you are lost.
It looks like you are lacking a clear vision for your product and donā€™t understand your customers.
Iā€™m not sure if you know your place on the market and what has made your project so popular.
I think I know a bit about it though. So let me tell you what, in my opinion, you should not, and what you should focus on.

Mudita Type: No.

This will not work. You have mentioned the name Blackberry. They used to make phones like this, thatā€™s true. This idea is nothing new, nothing good, nothing that the market wants. It has been tried before, by a giant company, which is now dead for a reason. Itā€™s an attempt to make a device that wants to be two things at the same time and ends up being worse versions of both of them - a worse smartphone (smaller screen) and worse feature/keyboard phone (small, clunky keys, no chat applications, so an overkill solely for sms or notes). Even if it would be just a dumbphone with querty keyboard and e-ink screen, then itā€™s not a very usefull combination with a simple UI in my opinion. Standard ā€œdumbphoneā€ keys are more ergonomic and simpler to use for most people, who mainly call and occasionally write.

Mudita Compact: No.

If you want it to be yet another rectangle smartphone, like there are now literally thousands of, on a very competitive market, then good riddance. Thatā€™s not your target audience and Lightphone has this niche covered.
If you want it to be a LightPhone clone then thatā€™s even worse. They are already on the market with the second iteration of their successful product, miles ahead of you, and if your response would be try to copy their idea and start to slowly build it from scratch and hope for the best, then that will not work. Lightphone 3 would probably be out before you will even release the finished product and then you will be even more irrelevant than you are now with Mudita Pure as it is. Another bad idea in my opinion.

Mudita Pure 2: Yes.

Now this is where itā€™s at and you seriously have a very simple job to do - just make a good, reliable and simple phone. Make it a great phone, first. Thatā€™s it.
Not a smartphoneā€¦ Not a semi smartphone, semi keyboard phoneā€¦ Not a copy of an existing, established productā€¦ Not any of this.

All that most of your audience wants is a simple, reliable, well designed, well made, long lastingā€¦ Phone.

Make the phone calls always work with excellent voice quality.
Make the messages always work and be easy to write and read.
Make the keys always work, with good feedback and a clever input method.
Make the UI simple, focused, readable, fast, responsive and intuitive. It should give a user an impression that the phone is waiting for their move, not the other way around.
Make it connect to 4G and tether internet to other devices through cable and Wi-Fi.
Make it export and import contacts information using established standards.
Make it look nice, make it sound nice, make it simple and easy to use.
Make the battery last all week with standard phone usage. Make the battery larger if you have to, phone does not have to be slim. Itā€™s not a tall, wide and slim smartphone, it can be different.
Make it long lasting and repairable (consult with iFixit, why not?) with removable battery and updates for at least 5+ years. Or design it so well that it wonā€™t need updates.
Make it a device that brings peace of mind and is a joy to use, maybe even introduce a nice game or two, maybe in co-op or online. Something like Playdate comes to my mind, maybe contact Panic and work together, why not?
Make a phone, people would be happy to use everyday. Poeple like me, who do not need or want a smartphone, but still want a good quality device.
People who are ready to pay for it, but want to be taken seriously and treated with respect when they give you their money.

This.
This is what you should be making next.

10 Likes