First, I would like to say I was very excited about the mudita phone. The low sar and e ink screen was a win, although I have a defender case and usually talk on speaker anyways. I also loved this is a non google phone. Texting/calling is all I really care about. Sad to say, but this is by far one of the worst phone I’ve ever had. Even after the update, the phone is nearly unusable.
- I have had to factory reset my phone 2 times now because the phone doesn’t receive messages from certain contacts.
- I couldn’t send texts to certain contacts, it would show, “not sent” even after turning the phone off, having 4 bars, etc.
- I get spam texts from random numbers not in my contact list
- It really depends who I’m calling, other people can hear me, but others, not so much.
@tjordanp Thank you for your feedback and we’re sorry that you’re not happy with your Mudita Pure. I know you’re in a super frustrating position because not everything works as you would expect it to. I’m gonna do my best to address the issues you reported one by one, so perhaps you can make some changes, which could lead to a better experience.
1. I have had to factory reset my phone 2 times now because the phone doesn’t receive messages from certain contacts. This could be caused by a few issues- connectivity being one of them. The first thing to look at is if the contacts were uploaded manually or did you merge/upload all your contacts. The thing about importing numbers- sometimes there is an issue when there is a field that you had in your original contacts that;s not always recognized in Mudita Pure. Sometimes it’s the case that Mudita Pure doesn’t have that specific field & it creates a conflict for some of the contacts.
2. I couldn’t send texts to certain contacts, it would show, “not sent” even after turning the phone off, having 4 bars, etc. With this situation, I think this might have something to do with the way the number is saved in your phone. Try manually importing the contacts- as I mentioned in point 1- sometimes there is an issue with importing contacts & the contact doesn’t save correctly in the phone.
3. I get spam texts from random numbers not in my contact list. Unfortunately, this is not something that Mudita has control over. That’s on the side of your network service provider. Did you get a new number? A new sim card? Did you have unknown numbers blocked in your previous phone? Mudita Pure has an option in the “Do not disturb” mode that lets you ONLY receive calls/texts from FAVORITES. The option to block calls from certain numbers is on our to-do list.
4. It really depends who I’m calling, other people can hear me, but others, not so much. This unfortunately, is probably network connected. We would like to check this out further. Could you please send your logs to Mudita via Mudita Center & please send me the serial number of your phone, so that we can look into this.