User feedback ://

I want to love this phone way more than I currently do …

The long anticipation to receive the phone – and excited for all its potential uses in my mind…

Unfortunately the phone feels like a beta / test product…

A minimal phone STiLL requires a great UI to make its use… usable.

Currently the phone is not in that state - and unsure if it ever will be…

• no t9 on text… no symbols to even type??? … this is barely functionable… unless i want to send 3 word texts…

• no note pad functionality to take notes???

• no voice memos? to record thoughts??

the ui feels WORSE than the classic Nokias…
The dark mode flashes every time you use… like a mini strobe light every time you swiitch menus… not great.

The e ink bleeds when you switch menus too…

everything just scream beta tester phone…

Currently my phone is froze on the charging screen - unable to even turn off the phone… I guess I will be waiting a week until the battery dies on its own to try and plug it in an hope it resets…

I was excited to load it up with music … but was shocked to find there is no dedicated app to load music like marketed… besides a bootleg android installer??? ridiculous!

Hoping Mudita team is hard at work to improve and make this device usable…

selling a minimal phone… that iiis bare bones… requires even more care and detail with Ui and ease of use…

otherwise you just sold us all a very expensive “nokia” … that has even less functionality… jokes on us i guess!! but hey… at least your watch has a vegan strap???

1 Like
  • no calendar functionality - just a bare bones calendar to check the date?? like its windows 95…

• havent even tested out phone calls - but i saw other complaining about even that!!!

• i planned to use this as a texting device… but with not symbols… texting becomes well… nearly impossible.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. It’s useful for potential buyers.

Regarding all the software issues/glitches, I would expect at some point the Mudita devs write down some explanation in a form of a blog post that would cover in some reasonable details what went wrong with initial Mudita OS release, how they fixed it and why they are sure these problems are no longer there. Regarding the missing functionalities, I think the answer is pretty obvious: lack of time to deliver working software.

I’ve heard you can remove the battery - is it correct?

1 Like

@rageonthetrack
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback. I will do my best to address your concerns. The good news is that the majority of the issues you outlined will be resolved in subsequent updates.

no t9 on text… no symbols to even type??? … this is barely functionable… unless i want to send 3 word texts… Our team is working on implementing predictive texting capabilities. It’s actually very high on the priority list.

Regarding the symbols- you can access special characters as well as some simple emojis by pressing the * button for 2-3 seconds when you’re typing messages. See picture

no note pad functionality to take notes??? There is a NOTES app & it works. It’s under TOOLS.
20220520_181240_1

no voice memos? to record thoughts?? This feature is also on our roadmap.

the ui feels WORSE than the classic Nokias…
The dark mode flashes every time you use… like a mini strobe light every time you swiitch menus… not great. This is unfortunately, still in BETA mode as it’s clearly labeled as such. Our team is ironing out all the specifics.

The e ink bleeds when you switch menus too… That’s called ghosting, and it’s actually quite normal in e Ink screens.

Currently my phone is froze on the charging screen - unable to even turn off the phone… I guess I will be waiting a week until the battery dies on its own to try and plug it in an hope it resets… When you experience any unusual issues with the phone, please take the time to send logs to Mudita via Mudita Center. This REALLY helps our devs pinpoint all the bugs & implement fixes.

I was excited to load it up with music … but was shocked to find there is no dedicated app to load music like marketed… besides a bootleg android installer??? ridiculous! This feature being revamped & will be fully implemented in a future update.

Hoping Mudita team is hard at work to improve and make this device usable…We are doing everything we can to improve the user experience. We want to iron out all the bugs & implement the most important features as soon as possible.

2 Likes