US workarounds update!

So as you know, Mudita is not compatible with many carriers in the US except for T-mobile. Even then, some people want MMS and other features to keep in touch with their families. Well, today I was testing again with the Pure and it works if you link your T-mobile line with DIGITS. This is similar to the Google Fi workaround which allows you to see images and group text messages on the cloud. It’s a good option for those that need group text and MMS but want to live a simpler life with the Pure. Just putting it out there.

Call issues and signal drops still persist, but you won’t lose information since DIGITS preserves everything in the cloud :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Jose_Briones This is SUPER EXCITING! Thanks for sharing!

This is great news. I just updated my Pure to the 1.3.0 software. Like before, my phone is showing it has service. In the past after a few hours the service would be completely out and never come back. I am using US Mobile, the white sim which uses T-Mobile.

Hopefully it will still have service after a few hours.

@Jose_Briones when you signed up for T-Mobile, did you speak directly with a rep to get a 4g sim sent out instead of the 5g?

2 Likes

This talk of a 4G and 5G SIM card is not correct. Back when the switch went from 3G to 4G, you needed a new SIM card for 4G to work. The upgrade to 5G does not require a new SIM card. With that being said, their is not a ‘special’ 5G or 4G sim card. A newer SIM card works with 4G and also 5G depending on the device/carrier/plan. Their is no 4G specific SIM card. I am not saying when people on this forum have tried a different SIM and gotten different results with the device are not true, but their is no such thing as 4G/5G sim cards.

2 Likes

Hm. That’s interesting. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

He is correct. No need to change SIMs

1 Like

Has anyone had much luck with mint?

1 Like

Same as T-mobile. It should work for 1-1 SMS and calls with signal drops due to the low SAR though.

1 Like