Upcoming MuditaOS Change Log/Fixes

As we’ve communicated on several posts, we’re in the process of testing a new version of MuditaOS which will be released shortly. For all of you who are curious about what’s included in the new release, I’ve gotten the green light to share this with you:

In this release, we added battery and network status notifications for the Bluetooth Hands-Free Profile. We have added the option to remove all calls from the call list. In Mudita OS version 1.3.0, we have increased Pure’s life on battery and moreover improved the stability of the system. We have completed the missing translations for the quotes.
Furthermore, we fixed 64 bugs in our system.

## Added
Bluetooth:

• Battery and network status notifications for Hands-Free Profile (HFP).

Calls:

• Option to remove all calls from the call list.

Quotes:

• Added missing translations.

## Changed/ Improved

Pure’s life on battery:

• Reduced USB stack’s power consumption.
  • Pure battery life tweaks.
  • Power management improvements.

Calls:

• Updated translations.
  • Improved phone number handling.

Bluetooth:

• Improved device pairing process.
  • Improved infotainment compatibility.

Contacts:

• UI change (fonts).

Audio:

• Improved audio stability.

## Fixed

Contacts:

• Fixed a bug of disappearing text while editing contacts.

Bluetooth:

• Fixed an issue of Bluetooth not turning off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
  • Fixed an issue with devices appearing in the list of paired devices.
  • Fixed an issue with the failure to disconnect the call using the hardware buttons of the BT device.
  • Fixed an issue with needing to enter a code when pairing Pure with wireless headphones.
  • Fixed a problem with Pure reconnecting to Bluetooth device after disconnecting it.
  • Fixed a problem with disconnecting Pure with Bluetooth devices.
  • Fixed a problem with switching to the ongoing call screen immediately when connection is in progress.

Calls:

• Fixed a problem with rejecting calls using message template.
  • Fixed a problem of no audio for incoming calls/messages.
  • Fixed an issue with the display of a notification on a call from private number.
  • Fixed a problem with the failure to reject an incoming call after selecting a message template.
  • Fixed a problem with the failure to finish an outgoing call when it is rejected.
  • Fixed a problem with handling calls using a headset.

Music Player:

• Fixed an issue with playback pausing when an unsupported format file appears in the playlist.
  • Fixed a problem with unable to resume audio playback after connecting a headset.
  • Fixed a problem with phone’s reboots while listening .wav/mp3.

Quotes:

• Fixed a problem of loading quotes when displayed as wallpaper.

UI/UX:

• Fixed an issue with Pure screen refresh after the phone is inactive for a long time.

Pure’s life on battery:

• Fixed an issue with the phone freezing when the battery is very low while charging.

Network:

• Fixed an issues with the phone connecting to the network after turning it on.

Torch:

• Fixed a flashlight shutdown in critical low-power event.

Alarm:

• Fixed an issue with the alarm list not updating after adding a new alarm.

• Fixed a functionality of adding contacts from the message screen.

Tethering:

• Fixed a bug of incoming call notifications appearing during tethering.
  • Fixed a problem with popup after plugging USB even if no SIM is present.

General

• Fixed a problem with Pure unlocks after a missed call from favorite contact.
  • Fixed a problem with Pure’s freezes on the Onboarding screen.
  • Fixed a no refresh of cellular signal bar after startup.

SIM Card

• Fixed a problem with SIM card reading when switching it in settings.

Calendar:

• Fixed a wrong calendar dates.
9 Likes

Great list of changes. Hopefully this is the way towards stability.

4 Likes

I hope so :wink:

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be any mention of SMS fixes ? I’m really hoping phone calls and SMS’s work after the update… Doesn’t seem likely though based on that list above :frowning:

2 Likes

@rumpole I will ask the devs specifically about that- I think the whole stability of the system will be improved, which will ultimately result in a better user experience.

1 Like

Hi @urszula. Almost 2 weeks have passed since your post. When we can expect the fixes to be released?

3 Likes

@pki Sorry for the delay. Our team is currently working out some bugs & also, the new Mudita Center release is also being planned because it should be released as well.

1 Like

A new version of Mudita Center was just released

2 Likes

Thanks.

• I updated Mudita Center on a Windows 10 computer to 1.4.2.
  • I eventually got MC to see that my Mudita Harmony needed an update.
  • I downloaded the update, but MC failed to install the update on my Harmony.
  • I submitted a .zip-file log about the Harmony-update failure.

By the way: A screen STILL refers to the Pure when it should refer to the Pure OR the Harmony (or both). I reported this earlier here on the Mudita Forum, but apparently the Mudita developers never got the message.

Thanks!

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted this to our devs. It should be changed soon.

1 Like

Here’s the updated change log of the new MuditaOS 1.3.0 release

MuditaOS changelog - PurePhone

[1.3.0 2022-08-04]

Added

Bluetooth:

• Battery and network status notifications for Hands-Free Profile (HFP).

Call:

• Option to remove all calls from the call list.

Quotes:

• Added missing translations.

Changed / Improved

Pure’s life on battery:

• Reduced USB stack’s power consumption.
  • Pure battery life tweaks.
  • Power management improvements.

Call:

• Updated translations.
  • Improved phone number handling.

Bluetooth:

• Improved device pairing process.
  • Improved infotainment compatibility.

Contacts:

• Contacts UI change (fonts).
  • Improved audio stability.

Fixed

• Fixed bug of disappearing text while editing contacts.
  • Fixed issue of Bluetooth not turning off after 10 minutes of inactivity.
  • Fixed issue with devices appearing in the list of paired devices.
  • Fixed issue with the failure to disconnect the call using the hardware buttons of the BT device.
  • Fixed issue with needing to enter a code when pairing Pure with wireless headphones.
  • Fixed problem with Pure reconnecting to Bluetooth device after disconnecting it.
  • Fixed problem with disconnecting Pure with Bluetooth devices.
  • Fixed problem with switching to the ongoing call screen immediately when connection is in progress.
  • Fixed problem with rejecting calls using message template.
  • Fixed problem of no audio for incoming calls/messages.
  • Fixed issue with the display of a notification on a call from private number.
  • Fixed problem with the failure to reject an incoming call after selecting a message template.
  • Fixed problem with the failure to finish an outgoing call when it is rejected.
  • Fixed problem with handling calls using a headset.
  • Fixed issue with playback pausing when an unsupported format file appears in the playlist.
  • Fixed problem with unable to resume audio playback after connecting a headset.
  • Fixed problem with phone’s reboots while listening .wav/mp3.
  • Fixed problem of loading quotes when displayed as wallpaper.
  • Fixed issue with Pure screen refresh after the phone is inactive for a long time.
  • Fixed issue with the phone freezing when the battery is very low while charging.
  • Fixed issues with the phone connecting to the network after turning it on.
  • Fixed flashlight shutdown in critical low-power event.
  • Fixed issue with the alarm list not updating after adding a new alarm.
  • Fixed functionality of adding contacts from the message screen.
  • Fixed bug of incoming call notifications appearing during tethering.
  • Fixed problem with tethering popup showing after plugging in USB even if no SIM is present.
  • Fixed problem with Pure unlocking after a missed call from favorite contact.
  • Fixed problem with Pure’s freezes on the Onboarding screen.
  • Fixed no refresh of cellular signal bar after startup.
  • Fixed problem with phone spontaneously unlocking when switching from DND to Connected mode.
  • Fixed factory reset from bootloader.
  • Fixed Mudita Center synchronization failure.
  • Fixed problem with SIM card reading when switching it in settings.
  • Fixed wrong calendar dates.
  • Fixed problem with saving notes.
  • Fixed problem with restoring the backup.
  • Fixed problem with keyboard buttons hanging up.
2 Likes

I have noticed this morning a HUGE difference in the call quality. Before it was very choppy but now it sounds like a normal phone. I am going to continue to test it out today. There is still some delays when I want to make a call but not bad but its hard to tell if this is due to the update because yesterday morning the phone was working fine till I experienced numerous freezes. I will update throughout the day

4 Likes

@cardio79 Please test it out & report back. I’m glad the audio quality is better

2 Likes

Yup even the call delay is like 10 seconds…also so far in the morning I have not lost any connection to the phone. Still early though. Will see if this holds steady the rest of the day

1 Like

Issue that will most likely have me walk from the phone is the reception in the basement. I cannot make any calls or texts from there. If anyone needs to reach me they can’t. And its not a carrier issue because I have had this carrier before and I was always able to make calls from the basement when I had the Lp2 or the punkt. Glad to be a canadian tester though!

1 Like

Although I should check if the update made any difference to that

2 Likes