Ultimately a mixed experience..goodbye to the pure again a long and frustrating journey

So I got the phone today. It was connected in my house. When i went to drop my son off at karate I went to the library and there was no connection at all. I came home and again for about 5 mins no connection. This did not happen as much when I last had the phone. Not sure if it has anything to do with the update or not. I am also using the same provider fido that worked last night. At this point I think I have to return the phone again. I won’t get the light phone because of how easy it is to voice to text. So I think I may be returning to the punkt. Honestly it is frustrating because this phone just is not reliable. At right this moment the phone is connected but who knows when and for how long it disconnects again. With the punkt each time i had it , you pop the sim in and it works flawlessly and is always reliable.

3 Likes

It works fine when I am outside. When I walked out of the library it worked fine. Maybe I did not notice when I had the phone the first time. But now I am worried where else will it not get reception? I know it will not in a basement and that is fine, but today when it lost connection in the library and the house for a long period of time that was a huge frustration and worry for me. I will sleep on it maybe test the phone for a few more days but if nothing changes significantly I am afraid my journey with the phone will come to and end again:-(

2 Likes

Now its stayed connect for like 45 mins lol. Good god why do you toy with me Mudita pure! loll

2 Likes

I think I am going to take the rest of the week to gauge my overall experience with the phone. Go out to different buildings etc to see if there is any drop in reception. If its just that library than its not a big deal but my worry is if I am in a mall etc. So I am going to go to a mall and see what kind of connection I have, also see how the reception is through out the day at home. I may even try a reset and go back to the old O.s…It worked fine on the last os…will see what happens,sigh my journey continues lol

2 Likes

I am done. Just now I am texting with my brother…phone disconnects…2 of the messages are not sent so I have to wait for the phone to connect and then I have to send them. I can’t go through this . The frustration of using the device far out ways how nice it looks and the fact it has a meditation app. I just can’t do this phone. Sending it back. Back to the Punkt for me. Sorry Mudita gave it two shots I just can’t go through this on a daily basis

2 Likes

@cardio79 I’m not sure how to respond to this. Yes, the phone has its issues, but you knew that from BOTH your previous experiences. One thing I can tell you is that sometimes it does take time for the phone to get situated & accepted by a network. I traveled to Turkey this summer & bough a pre-paid Turkish sim card. At first, it did not work- it just showed “NO SERVICE”- even though when I popped it in to my other phone it worked fine.
However, I left it in the phone & we went sightseeing for the whole day. I just left it in the hotel with the sim card in the phone. We were gone the whole day. When we returned in the evening- the phone showed 3 bars of service & worked find for the rest of the trip. Yes, there were places where I lost service, like in the middle of the water, on the boat, but it was only for a bit.

4 Likes

I also thought the updates had improved the phone. Which in my experience they did not. I am glad I gave it another shot but after a days use even with the update it’s unusable for me in my country.

2 Likes

Although I did not know about this experirence you had. What freaked me out was no reception in a building. And also at points in my house that never happened before.

2 Likes

Maybe I need to give it a a few days to settle and see what happens. I may as well since I have it right now and I have time before I have to return it :+1:

2 Likes

My wife does say I am impulsive. I will give it a few more days to see if it settles down and what my experience is. As you mentioned before in my last purchase now that I have it I may as well give it a bigger use case time to see if it can work for me the way I need it too

2 Likes

Seems like my living room seems to be a dead spot at times. The upstairs the connection is fine. I am going to go to the mall in a few hours to see how it holds up there. If it ends up just being that library where the connection is off than thats not a huge deal but it could be like you said the sim taking some time to settle. Thanks for the story about you going overseas as well that was helpful. I am just so use to my phones giving me no issues that I get frustrated when the phone loses connection

2 Likes

So the connection has been really good this morning. I went out, as expected the connection was 4.5 bars, never had an issue outside. I went into a store and again the connection was good…was one bar for a bit and then improved. Going to visit that same library later in the evening to see if I get any connection. Not a big deal if I don’t but I still want to check other libraries and areas to make sure I am able take calls. This is the only reason I nudge towards the Punkt as I have said because it always stays connected. Will see what happens… I have ordered the punkt just in case over the next few days things change with my mudita experience, but so far so good today

2 Likes

Also the call quality is 10/10

2 Likes

Went out this afternoon to the mall. No reception issues at all. Even while at the lower floor. Experience has been very positive so far today. I still have the Punkt on the way. I think my ultimate dilemma is the provider and the connectivity of the mudita in my basement. When I know the Punkt on public mobile network works perfectly anywhere, including the basement, that is what is making the decision very difficult. I LOVE the meditation app on the Mudita. To be frank if the Punkt had one I would go with the Punkt. Regardless thanks for the story about your trip and how the phone settled down because I was ready to return the phone in frustration so I am glad I did not and now I am giving the phone a much better look in a longer period of time to make the best decision possible. I did just now have my first disconnection been almost 5 mins as I was trying to message someone. These are the things I need to decide if I am willing to put up with. As mentioned with the Punkt I have none of these worries but no meditation app. I really want to me smartphone and computer free in the morning. I don’t want to use those devices to meditate. I have the smartphone with the sim out in my living room only for meditation right now. But I want to remove all smartphone and computer tech from that room in the morning so I just focus on meditation. I am considering just keeping both phones lol

Now the connection is down again in my family room (watching poland vs mexico…go poland!) If I need to make a call or receive one its these moments where the frustration happens its close to ten mins. I have had to turn on and off the phone each time to connect again. Yes I could go upstairs to my office but I don’t want to do this everything single time I need to message or call someone while in the house. Also I was thinking yes the punkt does not have a meditation app but I can just set the alarm for 10-15 mins

Also Punkt ships via DHL. Which is always on time with no delays. You guys should switch to DHL.

1 Like

Ultimately, the phone for me in Canada is unreliable. I literally did a pros and cons list of the Mudita vs the Punkt and the Punkt won. I need a phone that works at everything and gives me a perfect experience and is worth what I am paying for it. Almost $600 dollars canadian for the phone and case is a lot and if the phone is not reliable that is way too much money to throw down. Glad I gave it one more try but I know this is the last time. I did the same thing with the light phone 2. I used all three of these devices and I had no issues with only one of them…The punkt…Thanks to Mudita I love the Mudita bell (my son’s clock now so I may buy the Mudita harmony :wink:

2 Likes

Instability of phone signal is major turn down

2 Likes

Yes. I also stopped using this phone because of the call quality. This is the most important thing for a phone. Really disappointed that it can’t be fixed by SW.

Now it’s a antique piece. Just keep it but can’t use it.

3 Likes

Usually linked directly to antena quality / signal strenght.

Low SAR antenna is great, but some improved testing before releasing was a must. Could be a rushed product.

Its bad since it ruins overall great idea and gives Nudita bad name as starter. Clock is great, more tested phone or phone2 could be.

3 Likes

The whole low sar value to me is very overated and ultimately that choice made what could have been a perfect phone one riddled with connection issues

1 Like

No, its comparative advancement since low SAR devices are hard to find. That is, if done right

1 Like