Trying Out The Pure

What approaches have people used to try out the new phone? Are people jumping in with two feet or have you got a second line? Do phone stores even know what to do with this?

2 Likes

We don’t know tbh because most backers haven’t received their units. But it should be similar to other basic phones. If you have a GSM carrier, they’ll give you a SIM and it should work :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@scottjoe Personally I’ve been using Pure since Dec 2020, In the beginning, I was mixing it with my BlackBerry Q10 during MY non-work time. (I do have a smartphone for work). I knew sooner or later I would have to let the BBQ10 go because BlackBerry was discontinuing service for the devices on Jan 4th 2022. Well, it’s now Feb 11th, my BlackBerry still works, but I was anticipating having to give it up, so I am more or less switched over to the Pure. That said, we did have a review recently from an early backer who said that, for him, switching “cold turkey” from a smartphone to Mudita Pure was difficult. I think he mentioned that he should have allowed himself a transition period.

3 Likes

Yeah… I can say I was surprised to see a FedEx email saying something was coming from Poland when my BackerKit thing wasn’t updated. I’m sure they’re scrambling to get them out the door.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. I’ve been weening myself over the last…well… years really, but there are still things that I can see myself needing. Like most things I know I want or need to some extent, but don’t like how they change the way I think or behave, it’s a matter of developing a better relationship with the thing.

I’ll have to continue my search for people making a switch to a ‘dumb phone’ in general to see how to manage the technicals. AFAIK, you have to register your SIM with a new device when you get a new phone, so I can’t just pop it in and go. I don’t really want 2 phone numbers and 2 phone plans… I thought about just moving over but I’ll probably need Maps from time to time… Anyway, I’ll publish here or on Medium or something if I figure out a plan.

2 Likes

@scottjoe Are you #458 on Kickstarter? Is that you? When then phone arrives, please let us know & please post a review.

1 Like

Thats why I just asked (unfortunetly) for refund. @urszula I dont understand how someone with number 458 on the list get a phone earlier than someone from first hundred.
I will definitely follow a project (wish you all the best) and who knows, maybe I will make another purhase later. After @Jose_Briones review :wink:
I hope refund will be faster :wink:

1 Like

Review will come :slight_smile: Just waiting for Mudita to confirm the tracking number :smiley:

1 Like

@andrzej Are you in the first 100 on Kickstarter? Did you initially choose a Black or Pebble Grey Mudita Pure? If you initially chose a Pebble Grey Mudita Pure, we communicated in November & December that in order to optimize production, we will first start manufacturing the Charcoal Black Mudita Pure devices and THEN move on to the Pebble Grey Mudita Pure phone. In one of the more recent updates, last month, we communicated that we are now manufacturing BOTH colors simultaneously. Since production on Pebble Grey Mudita Pure phones started last month, the first devices where quality tested and will be shipped next week.

2 Likes

I was indeed :slight_smile: I choose Grey Mudita. @urszula

2 Likes

I already have and use a functioning dumbphone (Sunbeam F1 Daisy) and whenever my Pure shows up, I’m just going to pop the sim card in and hope it works. I’ve used this sim with several phones, and haven’t run into any problems or had to register, so hopefully there won’t be any with Mudita.

The Pure is more “basic” than the Sunbeam, and that’s what I’m looking for, so I’m hoping it’ll work - but if i doesn’t, the Sunbeam should be ok for my needs.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thanks for sharing your experience with this sort of thing.

1 Like

I am! And yes I did order a ‘black’ one. I was going to get into an AT&T store this weekend, but I ended up at the mechanic instead haha. I think my strategy is going to be to move the SIM to the Pure and use the modem tethering to give my iPhone internet when I need maps. Then treat the iPhone like a media device like an iPad.

1 Like

Mudita does not have hotspot. So you won’t be able to give internet to the iPhone on the go. Mudita has wired tethering, it has to be connected to a Mac or Windows laptop. No iOS compatibility as of right now. Do you have your unit in the US already?

1 Like

@scottjoe I take it you received your Mudita Pure? If you get a chance, please write a review & let us know your experience. We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback.

@andrzej I can confirm that this week BOTH Pebble GREY & Charcoal BLACK phones will go out. I will post an update either Friday or this weekend.

As promised - do you have an update?

3 Likes

When will phones purchased in October be shipped?

2 Likes

@urszula I am 505 on indiegogo when can I expect to get my mudita pure?
Thanks

2 Likes

@liam311 We did send out another batch on Friday. I am waiting for some info from the devs about a software update that’s supposed to go out next week. I would like to include that in the update.