Texts not going to certain contacts

So I have one friend who does not get any of my texts but if he messages me I get it. Anyone know why this is or if the Mudita team knows? Should I submit this as a ticket? I am thinking maybe he is on a certain network and that is the reason they are not going through?

2 Likes

Also again I can say using it this morning has been very frustrating. It is hard not to compare the experience to the Punkt and LP2 which I had no issues with it. This morning I do see myself missing my Punkt a lot. Alas cause of the scratch on the back of the phone it is mine permanently. I just really hope the connection issues can be sorted out or I am out 500 canadian :frowning:

2 Likes

@cardio79 I know you’re in a super frustrating position because not everything works as you would expect it to. However, with this situation, I think this might have something to do with the way the number is saved in your phone. There was a user who had this issue earlier this spring. I will look for the thread so I can remind myself what solution they had. They were in the US. Also, if you can hold out for about another week or so, that’s when the new update should be released.

2 Likes

So when you mean how the number was saved should I delete the contact and add them again? I did transfer all my google contacts over via the centre…maybe this is the issue? I can hold out for another week …I can put my sim in my nokia when I go to drop my son off at his sports

1 Like

I think I am going to reset the phone and put in this friends contact number manually and see what happens

1 Like

Looks like it worked!

1 Like

It worked he got the text and replied back…the entire weekend I was texting him and it never went through so this is huge!

1 Like

Glad to hear it worked.

2 Likes

Yeah the entire phone now has stabalized…I am able to call as well…it does for sure work better outside vs inside my house…in my office upstairs it works well …sad it seems only one provider in Canada is working…hard for people in contracts…I am on pay as you go luckily

1 Like

I’m glad you got it to work.
The thing about importing numbers- sometimes there is an issue when there is field that you had in your original contacts that;s not always recognized in Mudita Pure.- For example ( As you know I’m a BlackBerry user) When I exported my contacts, the file had a field for BLACKBERRY PIN- because of BBM. I did have contacts in there that also had BBM, so the field was included. However, Mudita Pure, doesn’t have that field & it created a conflict for some of my contacts. They were imported incorrectly.
Consequently, I had manually input those contacts.

1 Like

Yup I am a former blackberry user so thats exactly what happened

1 Like

@cardio79 I’m glad it worked out. I think this info about some fields not importing correctly is actually quite helpful. I’m glad I figured it out with trial & error.

1 Like

Thank you very much for this great tip.
I simply deleted all the contacts I had previously imported and entered them again by hand. Now the problem with the strange format of the numbers is solved and when I get a message or a call, the name of the contact is also there :slight_smile:
So something really went wrong during the import.

1 Like

Frustration continues to be the connection of the phone though. Right now for the last 25 mins I can’t connect to the phone. The inconsistency is very frustrating not sure an update is going to fix. I think its going to be back to the PUnkt for me which is fine to be honest its a great phone only reason I sold it was I lost my job. I am almost 100 percent sure I will be purchasing it tomorrow. Extremely reliable device never gave me any connection issues whatsoever. Would have considered Light phone 2but they can’t seem to let us use the phone in my country. …sigh…

2 Likes

I also have this point in mind, but it is not yet an option for me.
With the Mudita, I just like the idea and the message behind it. Something like that is very important to me, which is why I had the Fairphone before.
I’m also a long-time Linux user and a supporter of the open source community. So it’s normal for me to contribute my share to the further development of the software. If not through programming knowledge, then by testing the whole thing and naming the errors here in as much detail as possible. That’s how the opensource community works. Of course, it is very annoying what problems the Pure has, especially with the important functions such as stability, telephoning and receiving sms, and I can understand everyone who does not want to take part in this. But I just have a little patience and hope that the next 1-2 updates will clean up the whole mess.

But yes, if the reception quality/singnal strength and the faulty reception of the SMS do not improve, then the Punkt would also be an option for me.
I also have this point in mind, but it is not yet an option for me.
With the Mudita, I just like the idea and the message behind it. Something like that is very important to me, which is why I had the Fairphone before.
I’m also a long-time Linux user and a supporter of the open source community. So it’s normal for me to contribute my share to the further development of the software. If not through programming knowledge, then by testing the whole thing and naming the errors here in as much detail as possible. That’s how the opensource community works. Of course, it is very annoying what problems the Pure has, especially with the important functions such as stability, telephoning and receiving sms, and I can understand everyone who does not want to take part in this. But I just have a little patience and hope that the next 1-2 updates will clean up the whole mess.

But yes, if the reception quality/singnal strength and the faulty reception of the SMS do not improve, then the point would also be an option for me.
Because the Pure is just too unreliable. It has crashed on the road so many times, calls have not been received, SMS from different senders have arrived mixed up, etc…

1 Like