Tell me more about the predictive text feature that is planned

Please :grin: I’m very curious and kind of scared of buggy software like the New Nokia 3310 ships with…

4 Likes

I just got out my ancient Nokia 1110 with green monochrome screen and wrote myself a text message. T9 is just so awesome! I can’t imagine how it could be topped.

5 Likes

One thing missing in T9, or old feature phones in general, was emoji and unicode. I’d often get text messages with rectangle boxes. Took me a while to realize that those are unsupported unicode characters. I wonder how emoji could look on a Black and white E-ink screen. With a good font it could be quite fun, but I guess it’s not something easy do get it right.

4 Likes

Thank you for your feedback @thinkround, we really appreciated it. We are using Unicode but only in the range of five supported languages at the moment: Polish, English, Spanish, French and German.

We will also have basic emojis. In terms of T9, we tested one solution related to text prediction, but the work was stopped due to other priorities. So far, we don’t know 100% if we will have T9 or another solution associated with text prediction. Either way, we will definitely try to make texting on Mudita Pure as comfortable as possible.

2 Likes