Suggestion: import/export Contacts & Calendars that are on CSV files

Will you be able to import/export contacts & calendars that are saved on or save to CSV files? MuditaOS is opensource. Many people go opensource for improved privacy and security. So there maybe many user’s who will not use the sync option that only caters to google and/or apple. Having the option only increases freedom.

2 Likes

@seven Thank you for your question. You will be able to import/export contacts in a two ways:

• Through Bluetooth.
  • Export contacts from your current device to vCard or CSV format. You can connect your phone with the cable and use iCloud and Google account desktop app for easy contacts transfer.
    I hope this answer is helpful.
2 Likes

@urszula So to clarify. Any user can export and import vCard and CSV files to Mudita Phone. Is that correct? I have no desire to create an iCloud or Google account. There are many others who do not want to use those services either. The violate privacy and security. This is why I asked the question about importing and exporting vCards and CSV files when using the Mudita Phone.

2 Likes

@seven. You are correct: user can export and import vCard and CSV files to Mudita Phone.

2 Likes

Same for me, it would be awesome to be able to sync contacts and calendar via cal/carddav directly via the desktop app. Are there any plans? If the desktop app will be open sourced one day, this should be easy to implement.

2 Likes

@drm00 Welcome to the FORUM :slight_smile: Thank’s for reaching out. I’m checking on this for you.

2 Likes

@drm00 I was informed that the Mudita Center desktop app will be open sourced on the day of the launch of Pure. Source code will be available on GitHub. Does this solve the cal/CardDav issue?

@urszula Oh wow, this is really great news! :partying_face: If you accept pull requests, syncing via cal/carddav shouldn’t be a problem in the near future then :wink:

2 Likes