So you want more privacy & security? Look no further-Mudita Space is HERE

@mindful321 I answered the question in a post above. Let me know if that helps. Thank you!

@urszula Yes… I saw. Thank you!

1 Like

I do not feel comfortable when I am monitored: “auth0.com” is an external service for the logon feature, “matomo.org/matomo.cloud” tracks user activities. Can you allay my concerns?

Wolfgang

1 Like

Hi @wkwi

The data we gather in auth0 is the following:

• email
  • username
  • from where and on what device you’re logging in

This serves solely the purpose of finding out whether people are actually using Mudita Space beta and on what devices so that we could quickly prioritize devices and browsers.

In the nearest future, we want to migrate to an internal logging system so that everything stays with us - connecting auth0 enabled us to quickly release the Beta.

When it comes to Matomo - we wanted to have a tool that enables us to see how users are using Mudita Space. Currently it’s in the cloud, but during the days to come we will be hosting it on our servers. We decided to go for Matomo because it’s Open Source and it’s not Google Analytics.

Just to ensure you - any data that we want to have insight into is only for the purpose of making our tools better and more useful so that our users are happy using them.
We’re open to any suggestions from our community on how to do it better when it comes to respecting online privacy.

I hope this helps!

5 Likes

Will Mudita space in the future need a Google Play Store or Apple ID as well for registration?

1 Like

@anny_way not if you don’t have it. It’s only if you want to make the switch

1 Like

That’s good to know. I would like to use Mudita space but have neither Google Play nor Apple ID. Thanks!

1 Like

So mudita space and all of its services will be useable on a Linux laptop for example?

1 Like

@jameshjacksonjr I think @Wojciech_Cichon will be the best person to answer this question.

Hi @jameshjacksonjr
For the time being Mudita Space services are accessible through a web browser that supports JavaScript. So yes - it will be accessible on a Linux laptop with a GUI environment. I hope this answers your question.

2 Likes

will that always continue to be the case or will the services eventually be moved to the linux desktop app before i get invested into using those services just planning long term as id love to invest into the mudita ecosystem fully just curious what the long term plan is

1 Like

If we ever decide to move our web-based services into a dedicated app it would have to run on all platforms (Win, Mac, Linux). So wherever you invest your time we’ll make sure that you can use the SaaS services on all available platforms (including mobile).

4 Likes

nice thanks for the prompt response ill deff go all in on your services bundle thanks to your thorough answer.and because you treat linux as a first class citizen its my operating system of choice sence the 90s for my laptops.

2 Likes

quick question that i didn’t see a clear answer for…
i understand this will be available in osx/desktop form in the future, but is this beta version only for mobile devices at this point? or can i test this on my macbook? i only have a punkt phone and a computer, but this is an amazing way for me to get rid of google, which i’ve been trying to find an alternative to. (p.s i tried signing up a yesterday, but still waiting on the follow up email)
thanks!

4 Likes

I think it runs in a browser for now, desktop and mobile apps will be available later.

3 Likes

@joel Good question! I will let @Wojciech_Cichon answer this one! He’s the brain behind Mudita Space

1 Like

@joel the open beta of storage is available as a web app for now. We’re working on the rest of the apps and in their ideal state these will be web apps with their mobile app counterparts. We’ll send a new batch of invitations this week so you will receive an email for sure. I hope this answers your question.

4 Likes

Thank you both so much! Looking forward to joining :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perhaps https://switching.software/ should list Mudita Space once it launches?
:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

i agree great idea.