Reviews of Mudita Pure

@marc67 For me, the battery is good for approx 8-9 days. However, I do have to add that at least once a day, I plug my phone into Mudita Center & obviously since it’s plugged in to my laptop, it charges a little each time.

1 Like

I am an early backer from 2020

3 Likes

and did you receive the pure ?

1 Like

8-9 days seems great.

Regarding you usage:

1. How long did you plug it in on average?
  2. What’s you daily usage / phone / screen time?

Does the Pure warn you when the battery gets low?

3 Likes

Probably not. I am backer since july 2020 and I do not have mine either. Nor do I have any info about receiving it.

2 Likes

I posted my review in a new post- My thoughts on Mudita Pure

1 Like

@marc67 I use the phone about 1-2 hours per day. This includes calls & texts, plus podcasts/audiobooks when I’m walking the dog. When I plug it in to use Mudita Center, it’s usually for around 5-10 min. It’s just to answer texts that need more long-form writing. It’s just quicker that way. Most people know to call me when they need me after 5pm :smiley:
There is a very subtle warning at the battery marker. Other than that, there is no warning. Come to think of it. This may be an idea for the devs.

1 Like

@parmin Thanks for your review. @lessismore we can’t wait to get your feedback.

2 Likes

Yes please. In all smart phone you’ll only get a warning when looking at the screen. That’s fine for smart zombies, but not for users who don’t use the phone that often, like Pure users.

A battery warning using sound, like smoke alarms do, would be the best option I think. For the Pure and Harmony alike.

4 Likes

I plan on reviewing Mudita Pure soon (just got it not long ago), as soon as I can sit down to get all my thoughts together. But, I think it maybe a good idea to put all the links to reviews in one separate post because after I just had to go through over 160 posts to find links to 3 reviews, - I think I know why there aren’t many reviews, people are exhausted LOL

5 Likes

I would suggest creating a new category in the forum, for instance, “reviews” or “costumers reviews.” I believe that I would be more organized and straightforward to search.

7 Likes

@alayah It’s a great idea. I will post something together & just update links as we go along. I agree, there original “Reviews of Mudita Pure” thread has gotten a bit crowded.

2 Likes

I appreciate your reply. I came on board in January 2021. I can’t wait to receive mine.

4 Likes

Update:

Got my replacement from the navigation issue, and its really great now! What was my biggest issue, is now solved :slight_smile: Not only is the squeaking of the navigation gone, but all the buttons feel smoother and they click better, and has an overall better feel.
Thanks Mudita for recognizing the issues and prioritizing repairs/replacements!

11 Likes

@joel I’m so happy everything worked out well. Enjoy using you Mudita Pure! :grinning:

1 Like

WIth regard to meditation timer: Yes I can set

• my desired minutes
  • my desired preparation time
  • and not wanting to be interrupted every 2 minutes.

However: This must be done every day again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again …
In short: Settings must be saved. Better: Different profiles to be saved.

2 Likes

Hey joel, I’m having the same issues with my Pure in regards to the contacts not allowing dashes between numbers/contact issues. All of my contacts imported with the dashes. I can send a text to xxxxxxxxxx (number without dashes), but when that person responds, it’s in a separate thread and is from their number with dashes xxx-xxx-xxxx (only number is displayed, not their name). I can’t text back to that same number, it says “not sent,” but if I respond back to the number without dashes, it goes through and the other person receives the text. So a text conversation takes place within 2 threads instead of just one.

Yes, this problem is really obnoxious. I couldn’t tell what texts were working and what weren’t. It was super confusing! I ended up factory resetting the phone and just manually adding all my contacts in the Mudita Center in the proper format, and it seemed to work. But I only got a couple texts and then haven’t used my phone. I have it sitting on the back burner right now until they get the tethering worked out, so from my experience, that’s the best bet. It seems like a total pain but it actually was nice to not add all these random contacts i’ve accumulated over the years, of people i don’t talk with anymore

2 Likes

I received my phone two weeks ago. It is as promised but I have some serious issues with the quality and volume of the sound. The highest volume setting for ring tones is a lot quieter than other phones I have had and due to my hearing issues this is a big drawback for me. Likewise the volume of the calls; I am not able to turn it up high enough to hear at a level that is comfortable for me and if I switch on the speaker the sound becomes distorted so I can’t use it. The other issue I have is the size of the font. Overall I think the phone is not suitable for older users due to the small font size and the low volume. It also has no predictive text option, which makes it clunky and time consuming to write texts.

4 Likes

I think at first when I thought about how cumbersome texting wasI was turned off. But when I thought about it I like the friction it causes because we now live in a world where we have gotten so lazy that we can’t pick up a phone and actually use it as a phone and call our loved ones and friends to have REAL conversations. If this phone forces me to pick up the phone I think I am getting closer an closer to buying it. My biggest wish is to have a phone that is just a phone. I know the first light phone was like that, I really hope there is a phone like that that eventually comes to market. I would literally tell all my friends before hand I am no longer texting or can I receive texts so if you need to reach me…CALL ME

3 Likes