Quick summary of several weeks with 1.2.0

Battery life is fixed and it’s good now. (For a 4G phone. It’s not like the old 2G phones but no 4G phone can be.) I went from having to charge several times a day to a few times per week. On par with other 4G dumbphones.

All other issues remain. Dropped calls, crashes, freezes, bad audio.

2 Likes

@sandra: Thank you for that summary! I look forward to another one after you get Mudita’s next update (presumably in June of 2022). I hope that the next update addresses all your other issues. For example, @urszula said several days ago that Mudita sent several Pure phones to Harman Kardon to address the bad audio.

2 Likes

I hope that the next update will address all the main issues.

I believe that I’ll receive the mudita this week. I confess that I’m not too happy with all the reviews about the SMS and calls, the main goal of the phone. They must work perfectly. I also got a bad experience with the harmony. So, let’s see how it goes.

3 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd I’m checking with our tech team to see what the outcome of that is.

2 Likes

It’s reassuring to see an early indication that one of the biggest issues with the Pure might be fixed.

Assuming that the main issues were battery-life, audio quality, crashes/freezes, dropped-calls, and mangled-texts, this means that a single update has already made the phone 20% better. I’m sure I vaguely remember that text-messaging had already improved in a previous update, so this is potentially 25% better. Or if it was in this update, then we’re looking at a 40% better phone already.

If the phone can be made a little more stable and reliable (no mangled or lost texts, no crashes/freezes), I think I will place my order and gamble that the remaining issues can be fixed in future updates.

2 Likes

I feel like there might be even more crashes and dropped calls and screwed up messages now but IDK. Freezes for sure seem like they’ve gotten worse

1 Like

A new Mudita Pure OS update is coming next month. In it, we plan on implementing the following improvements:

• Further improvements to the life of the battery in Mudita Pure. Our goal is to optimize the performance and improve the longevity of the battery.
  • More Bluetooth improvements to allow Mudita Pair to be paired with devices more smoothly.
  • HFP (Hands-Free Protocol) implementation fixes
  • Additional bug fixes to ensure better device functionality
2 Likes