Pure does onboarding process every time I turn it on

Hello. I’ve been using my Pure for a couple of weeks now and I notice that every time I turn it off, and then back on again, it will always run the onboarding process (the first time set up process).
Is anyone else having this problem?
Is this a known issue, or should I submit a bug report for this?
My Pure is running version 1.3.0 of the operating system.

1 Like

@user1 That’s an interesting observation. It’s behaving as if you reset the phone every time you turn the phone off. Could you please send me the serial number of your phone?
Would you mind transmitting logs to Mudita via Mudita Center?
I will report this right away.

@urszula I would like to send you the logs, but my pure will not connect to Mudita Center. I’ve tried on two computers, my main desktop computer (running Linux Mint 20.3) and my MacBook (running MacOS 12.6) but Mudita Center on both computers keeps giving me the following error message:
“Unfortunately synchronisation failed. Please try to reconnect your device.”

I have powered off and powered on my Pure many times and used different USB cables but this made no difference.

I know that on my Linux Mint computer, my Pure is connecting to the operating system because every time that I plug it into the USB port, the file browser on the computer opens up and shows the storage available on the Pure.

When I first received my Pure I did manage to connect it to Mudita Center on my MacBook and I was able to update my Pure to 1.3.0, but Mudita Center will just not connect any more.

On both computers made sure that I was using the latest version of Mudita Center, version 1.5.3.

Could you please advise me, what should I try next?

1 Like

I managed to get a hold of a Windows 10 laptop. When I plugged my Pure into the laptop, some Windows messages popped up telling me that Windows had detected my Pure. I downloaded the latest version of Mudita Center, but it displayed the same error message as per my previous post above (“Unfortunately, synchronisation failed. Please try to reconnect your device”).

Also another window opened up in Mudita Center telling me that my Pure had crashed and that Mudita Center would send the crash information to Mudita. I’m not sure if any information was actually sent.

1 Like

I just did a factory reset of my Pure. I plugged it into the Windows 10 laptop again and a Windows message popped up to say that Windows had detected my Pure. I started Mudita Center again and a message appeared stating that my Pure had crashed and that Mudita Center would send the crash information to Mudita. After that Mudita Center was able to connect to my Pure. I was able to successfully update my Pure to MuditaOS 1.4.0.

I turned the Pure off and on again a few times and it is no longer running the onboarding process every time I turn it on. It looks like that problem has been resolved.

1 Like

@user1 Good to know. Glad you got things worked out.