Paper tablet for writing/note taking

@saonian Welcome to the Mudita Community! Thanks for the suggestion.
What format are your notes saved in?

2 Likes

I use an Onyx Boox Nova 2 (8"). It has an e-paper screen runs, Android apps and supports EMR stylus. Their note taking app is great. No subscription required like Remarkable. Only, it has WiFi and Bluetooth and all that, but I do find, because of the black-and white slow-refresh rate screen you’re not very inclined to doom-scroll on websites. It’s not good for social media anyway, but reading the news or e-mail works perfectly well if that is not an addiction too you. The 13" version has an HDMI input, btw.

3 Likes

Onyx is a Chinese company that persistently refuses to disclose part of the source code. This is not in the spirit of the open source idea. Moreover, to this day no one knows what is hidden in the part of the code that they do not want to disclose.

3 Likes

The reMarkable 2 tablet is great for frequent writers, academics, students, etc. I have enjoyed working with it very much. A few days ago I sold it because I dislike the fact that some functions are only unlocked with a subscription. I also have a problem with a company that develops an open source operating system and then cooperates with Microsoft, Google and Dropbox to store data in the cloud. There would certainly have been better, free (in the sense of freedom and privacy) solutions.

4 Likes

ipad, microsoft surface or android tablets with a stylus is more natural and convenient.
With which I can write, draw and sketch directly on the screen.

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing that! I was quite attracted to it except for the cloud and subscription aspects. Now I will wait for something that respects users’ privacy.

2 Likes

I consider Remarkable is not a tablet, but digital paper.
I prefer ipad or an android tablet with stylus for note taking, it’s much more natural and intuitive.

2 Likes

That’s a VERY interesting observation. Can you elaborate some more on your experience? How & more specifically, WHY do you find no E-ink tablets more intuitive? Personally, I could never get into it because it always felt awkward, so I’m curious why you find it so appealing.

A paper tablet for writing and note-taking is a game-changer for students like me who have a deep passion for writing. It’s not just a notebook; it’s a versatile tool that beautifully blends the traditional feel of pen on paper with the convenience of digital note-taking.

2 Likes