One feature I would love to see added

Great !
what about the storage?

5 Likes

Created an account just to chime in here. I’m super interested in this phone and would almost certainly buy one, but only if it had GPS. I can do without camera, music player, etc. - those are all things I can figure out elsewhere and it would be nice to not have to have any of those distractions. But GPS - Google Maps specifically - is essential. Good luck with this project, looks really promising!

8 Likes

Loving the product guys, and the clean minimalist design. I personally don’t want GPS, bluetooth, cameras etc. I like that it will have MP3 support etc. for taking a little time out. But, what I love about the product is the ability to be “offline” there are so many other products that cover those other needs. This makes life simpler, less distracting and focuses on me and my health. Like it guys.

7 Likes

Hi @Jay_Vidyarthi, thank you for getting involved in the conversation and for wishing us good luck! It’s great to have you here. Mudita Pure won’t have GPS but some people are planning on using it as a secondary device, once they’ve reached their destination, where ever that might be.

6 Likes

Thanks @alanj for your positive response to our design and the overall concept of Mudita Pure. We definitely agree with what you’ve said about the importance of being offline. Less distractions means more interactions, in real life!

6 Likes

Hi there, I really like your project and agree with many of the ideas listed above. One feature that I haven’t seen mentioned (apologies if I missed it) is the presence of some sort of smart alarm function which would follow the quality of your sleep. Or at least the presence of a “soothing sounding” alarm to wake you up in the morning.
Thanks for trying to help us disconnect, gonna follow the kickstarter campaign!
Best,
Marco

2 Likes

Hi @mzen, saw in some of the other streams that they are including an alarm on the phone, but I haven’t seen in the other streams anything about how simple or detailed that alarm will be. Did you see the Mudita Bell? https://mudita.com/products/bell, think the guys at Mudita are trying to reduce the need for phones in bedroom with a similarly styled bedside clock.

7 Likes

Hi @alanj, thanks for your reply, i didn’t see the Mudita bell, it looks very interesting!

3 Likes

Hi Marco @mzen , Thank you for that question!
Sleep is very important for us, that’s why as @alanj mentioned we are also developing stand alone alarm clock that will motivate us to remove smartphones from our bedroom and help us to create optimal conditions for sleep and regeneration.

In our Mudita Pure phone we took care of the pleasant alarms aspect as well, we’ll be disclosing more information with the launch of Kickstarter - 24th of September.
Let me know if you have other questions.

5 Likes

Hey! Absolutely love this concept. For me, I’d like to add to the previous mention of GPS and music, and then there is one more thing I would love… A meditation app. How about a partnership with Headspace or some of the other meditation services? Would be great!
So excited for your kickstarter launch!

3 Likes

Hi !
I think your phone is a great idea. We lost so much time with our smartphone.
I need a weather information, because i check the weather in the morning and it’s important to me to tell this information to my little family at breakfast without turn on the TV.
I also need a note apps where i can put my ideas or task i’m thinking wherever i need.
I’m also a rider and a GPS would be great to save my ride (kilometers, time)
And small features that will be really cool : Smiley for texting and Group messaging

3 Likes

I think a lot of people don’t understand what this is about. Please do not add any of those things. I see a simpler smart phone in the works add that stuff to it. Phone/Text that is all I want this to be.

6 Likes

We’ll be revealing the full list of features Mudita Pure will have during our Kickstarter campaign today. We can confirm that Pure won’t have maps or GPS.

4 Likes

I agree with this!

3 Likes

Eventually would you consider gps and music?

3 Likes

There will be a music player but no streaming abilities.

3 Likes

Agreed—I would love it to include GPS

3 Likes

I hope that if you add all these features to a new phone, you’ll continue to make the basic one available without them. I’m here for the bare bones.

2 Likes

For security purposes I have been waiting to see designers deliver phones with physical kill switches for input output functionality like microphones, camera, and internet WiFi/ cell service/Bluetooth/gps connectivity. It’s nice to know you can toggle these on or off and know they are actually on or off with no strings attached like it is currently.

7 Likes

Thanks @danteebone!

1 Like