November Offline Day

This event is inspired by the Offline Day subreddit: reddit.com/r/offlineday

The idea is that from sundown on November 1st, to sundown on November 2nd, you have 24 hours of digital detox.You can do things such as read a book or go to the cinema, take a walk or ride a bike, knit a sweater, take a bath, bake a cake or write a book, the opportunities you have are endless!

We’d love to hear about what you plan to do offline next month!

4 Likes

On Offline Day in November, I plan to cook some Thai food mentioned in the magazine I bought 3 months ago, read last months magazine and go for a nice, long walk with the dogs.

5 Likes

This is such a brilliant idea! Thanks @UlaAK!

3 Likes

On Offline Day in November, I plan to finish reading the book I started ages ago and maybe go to a museum!

2 Likes

Go hiking, if the weather stays nice! And read, of course.
That’s the real answer - the aspirational ones are “sort my photos” “clean up around the house” and “paint.”

Anyone else here stay offline every weekend? I try to keep at least Saturday and Sunday morning totally free, and I haven’t regretted it yet.

2 Likes

I assume if I stayed offline on Saturday and Sunday I would get a lot more done. Way to go!

2 Likes

I am going swimming with my family!

3 Likes

Great idea! Swimming is a lot of fun.

1 Like

Hey,
I thought it would be great to follow up on Offline Day Nov. 1-2. I’m curious about your experiences, what did/n’t you like about it?

Are you proud of your time spent offline?
What was most difficult for you?
What can you share with us?

As for me, I did not cook as I planned to, but spent time mindfully reading, visiting family, and walking. What about you?

2 Likes

@UlaAK It was great!

2 Likes