New sim card suddenly no longer recognized

Hello - my new T mobile sim card suddenly stopped working today, two days after I inserted it. Signal is strong in this area now, but still sim isn’t recognized. I’ve tried restarting fon several times, resetting antenna (disconnecting) several times, removing, reinserting the card… still no sim card signal ! Help, please!

1 Like

This is just the antenna of the phone. The same thing happens with my SIM from time to time. It’s not a bug, it’s just how it works as of now. It will connect sometimes and it will disconnect at others. It’s a combination of coverage in your area and the phone’s antenna.

3 Likes

Oh, I see. Thank you. I hope this spottiness of sim signal is fixed in future updates. Or is this permanent? Cannot rely on this phone for emergencies, if so!

3 Likes

@Jose_Briones, @teresa, would you be able to do the following?:

1. connect your Pure to a computer where you have installed Mudita Center. Open Mudita Center (make sure it’s the most recent version of Mudita Center).
  2. Once your phone is connected in Mudita center, click “Help”. A new window will appear.
  3. Click the button marked below:
  4. Fill out the form with your email address. In the message field put the serial number of your phone.

You can find the serial number of your phone after you click “About your Pure” on the main page of Mudita Center (as shown below).

1. Click SEND
    This will allow us to understand either there’s an issue with the phone, antenna, network, software etc. and hopefully to find a fix for this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

7 Likes

And if you have any other comments, you can put it in the “message” field together with the serial number. Thanks! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello, Wojciech:
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.

I will have to do this tonight, on my home laptop, in which I can download the app, and where the cell signal is better. Catch you later!

1 Like

Okay, I just sent the message with serial number on Mudita Center app.

3 Likes

It’s been a few months since I replied to Mudita–and I have NOT gotten any response back about my poor signal strength problem. I even forgot about Mudita because no answer was forthcoming. I invested quite a bit in this phone (2 of them) which I now cannot use. Please advise.

2 Likes

@teresa Did you reach out to our customer service via email?

Absolutely. I was told to forward all the information they requested from my phone, and then never heard from them afterwards. I fear I cannot use these products (which cost several hundred $) in daily life, and wasted my money on them. I hope a solution is forthcoming.

2 Likes

@teresa I’ve reached out to our customer service dept for feedback on your case. We did receive the logs you sent in April. They asked if you’d like to open a warranty case & get a refund. They couldn’t locate any other support tickets from you.
Network coverage or lack thereof can be a result of several things. What service carrier are you using? And did you make sure to get a new sim card that is not 5G because Mudita Pure does not support 5g.

1 Like

Quick question. Is it possible to run off a 5g network and only accept cell service and SMS? Just wondering for the future, though it doesn’t seem 5g is actually going to be incredibly active at this time.
What service is most recommended for the USA?

1 Like

Thank you for getting back to me, Urszula. I will inquire of T Mobile if I can get a non-5G SIM card. If I cannot, I will have to apply for a refund. But will check this out first before I do that.

1 Like

@theauditor Mudita Pure does not support 5G, so I’m doubtful if it would work.

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi, Urszula,
Thank you for your response. How do I apply for a refund, please?

1 Like

@teresa Please e-mail support@mudita.com
Our customer service department will process your return & refund.