New Pure OS update (1.4)

A new update is available and I must say, the phone seems to be working MUCH better. Highly advise all to do this update.

10 Likes

@albatross87 Here’s the changelog:

MMS:
  • Added basic MMS handling. This feature will only let you know that you have received an MMS. You won’t be able to see what you’ve received. However, this gives you a chance to respond to the sender to let them know that your phone does not process these type of messages correctly & they can send you an e-mail.

Bluetooth:

• Added state refresh when BT automatically turns off.

Changed / Improved

Calendar:

• Added Polish translation to a calendar title.

General:

• Changed USB logging.
  • Improved keyboard responsiveness.
  • Improved lock screen power consumption.

Bluetooth:

• Separated system volume from Bluetooth device volume for A2DP.

Fixed

• Fixed issue with music not pausing when BT device is disconnected.
  • Fixed music player behavior when connecting/disconnecting audio devices.
  • Fixed issue with message handling in which characters not supported by Pure appear.
  • Fixed problem with message display on Pure for Verizon network.
  • Fixed issue with inability to send SMS.
  • Fixed mixed SMS messages.
  • Fixed SIM card pop-ups not showing.
  • Fixed disappearing manual alarm and vibration volume setting in German.
  • Fixed an issue with the screen not displaying a message about changing the phone mode from DND/Offline/Connected.
  • Fixed USB connection/disconnection detection.
  • Fixed passcode lock time discrepancy between lock screen and ‘Wrong password’ popup.
  • Fixed lost bytes in logs.
  • Fixed cellular DMA errors.
  • Fixed order of the services while closing system.
  • Fixed removing wrong sentinels.
  • Fixed crash during phone turn off.
  • Fixed PLAY label translation in German.
  • Fixed memory leaks in APN settings.
  • Fixed poor phone responsiveness.
  • Fixed crash on entering PIN settings.
  • Fixed crash of the E-ink service while restoring system data.
  • Fixed dropping the call during the DND mode.
  • Fixed improper duration of the rejected outgoing call shown in calls log.
  • Fixed turning on loudspeaker before outgoing call is answered.
  • Fixed no call log entries in DND mode.
  • Fixed wrong tethering popup order.
  • Fixed Bluetooth volume control issues.
  • Fixed Bluetooth state first rendering off.
  • Fixed crash on importing un-processable contact.
  • Fixed the order in which contacts are displayed in the list.
  • Fixed incorrect nav text in onboarding for time zone and date time.
5 Likes

Great solutions and fixes!

4 Likes

I have discoverd a problem that is either with the update or my particular phone. It relates to the Online/DND/Offline switch. I have noticed the device in DND mode twice so far, but the switch has not been moved by me. Sliding to Offline and back to Online re enables the network. Upon closer inspection, if the switch is up fully to Online, and you simply touch the slider/wiggle and it moves every so slightly off that fully engadged position, the mode changes.

3 Likes

@albatross87 Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will ask our team about this slider issue.

2 Likes

Indeed. Are you able to duplicate this issue on your device. The slider only needs to be moved off the fully up position maybe ~0.5mm or less. It is not even close to hitting the detent on the slider to the middle position, but still changed to DND.

4 Likes

@albatross87 On my device, it take some effort to move the slider. It’s doesn’t SLIDE .
There is some resistance to it. Let me make a video & post it.

3 Likes

Sounds like a fantastic update :grinning:. However, I got the ‘Update Failed’ message when I tried to install it (twice) :persevere:. I updated to the latest Mudita Centre version before trying the Mudita Pure OS update.

2 Likes

I waited a long time for this update and here it is at last :slight_smile:
A short report about it. After using the Pure all the time and the signal problems suddenly disappeared, the only urgent problem that remained was the fragmented and mixed SMS.
So, full of expectation, I installed the update, which worked without any problems. Afterwards I was shocked!
What potential lay dormant in the Pure? The responsiveness after the update is fantastic. I thought the sluggishness was due to the E-Ink display, but no. Texting is also much quicker now. I am thrilled. And so far no more mixed text messages. I hope this really solves the problem. The signal strength has also improved again. Outside, where I used to have 3-4 bars, it’s now 4 bars all the time. I am really very satisfied and it is a lot of fun to use the Pure.
Thanks to the Mudita team :slight_smile:
Now I’ll eventually tackle the media player (fast forward and rewind, sort music by artist and album, etc.), but of course it was more important to first ensure the basic functions.
And the battery life could still be minimally improved.
I am now really happy and satisfied!

5 Likes

Glad to have this update. I’ll be testing today to see what’s new here in North America :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@marko Thanks for the feedback. We are happy that you see improvement in the functionality of your Mudita Pure. Our team is currently working on improving the music player.

4 Likes

Any update with this slider issue I am having? I would like to show it in a video, but am unsure if the forum can display video?

2 Likes

@albatross87 If the slider is “loose” and slides easily, and actually moves unintentionally from one mode to another, then please contact our customer service for support. It should not move up & down by itself.

3 Likes

The same error occurred twice today, once at about 6pm and once at 7.45pm.
When writing a text message, the Pure crashed and no longer reacted to the text input. You could only use the back button, but no longer navigate with the cursor keys. By holding down the back button, you could reach the selection to shut down the device, but you could not navigate and confirm here. So the only option was to remove the battery and restart the device. This error did not occur before the update to the current version 1.4.
I have just sent the log files for this.

3 Likes

Just updated today. The phone seems a little more responsive. The surprising (in a good way) thing is in a couple locations which did not have service, I’m now seeing a couple bars. Coincidence? Or maybe something on the modem side changed.

3 Likes

@marko Thank your for sending the logs. What’s the serial number of your phone? I will have the team look into this right away.

2 Likes

@vandys Thanks for the feedback. A couple of other users reported the same thing. They also said they either got a better signal in an area where they previously had a very weak signal or in places where there was no signal, the phone actually started to receive a signal.

2 Likes

Do phones ordered from the store now have the 1.4 update installed?

3 Likes

The Serial Number is. 25794950084841

2 Likes

@John_Andersson I will check on that & get back to you.

2 Likes