MuditaOS Suggestions

As someone who has epilepsy, the flashing of a non backlit display is not a concern for a seizure. If your front light were to flash off and on rapidly then that would be an issue.

3 Likes

Thank you for this. Iā€™ll pass it on to the development team. Removing this concern might actually push things forward here.

3 Likes

I suggest now that you have more time, install a gps on the phone so when youā€™re ready for the software, all we have to do is download it in the updates.

1 Like

Brickbreaker and/or Pong. I feel like this is a staple of this style of phone, or at least incredibly nostalgic for me and my memories of these kinds of devices. I feel compelled to request it for those reasons.

2 Likes

A little clarification would be nice here: do you mean three-tap, also known as multi-tap? Or do you mean T9? While I agree with you on multi-tap (I find it a nuisance for being so slow) I actually think that T9 is one of the best ways to implement predictive text on a small phone with just 12 keys. Since the patents for this technology have expired, my hope is that this will be implemented on the Pure fairly soon.

3 Likes

Speaking about podcast apps, as the developer of PodLP (the top podcast app for KaiOS feature phones) I would be interested in developing a low-bandwidth, textual-UI podcast app for the Mudita. It seems the OS and platform has been made open source, but itā€™s not clear if thereā€™s a way to build, sign, and side-load third-party applications. If this were possible, it would allow user to augment the device with the capabilities they find most useful/ necessary.

1 Like

Please remember that Pure has a connection to the internet only when connected to the computer so a podcast app that would stream anything in real-time is not an ideal solution. Something that would download selected episodes and upload them to the phone would be probably wiser.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good call out, I misunderstood the Pureā€™s capabilities given 4G support. Sounds like a desktop app to download to a computer then upload to the Pure would be the only solution. Not all podcasts use ID3 tags, so an app that manages/ indexes these downloads might be beneficial.

1 Like

That would be a very good solution. I donĀ“t want to rip or download from Spotify, itā€™s too complicated. I have an apple watch now only for podcasts. if mudita pure could give this functionality, it would be great and I can get rid of my watch! For podcasts would be enough for me. (For music I use Mighty Vibe music player (hardware) that can download Spotify tracks offline (and approved by Spotify!), with a desktop app.)

1 Like

Apple Lossless audio is pretty common, its open source too and I imagine this product would appeal to Apple customers. Support for that codec would be nice.

1 Like

I used AudFun Spotify downloader to download Spotify playlists to mp3.
Itā€™s very easy to use.
Just drag songs and click a button and wait for it converted. Done!
Fast speed also!
Worth a try! :hugs:

I would recommend you to create a folder on your computer and put inside it all images you would like to change dynamically. I think that there should be an option for that.

I did the same with many images from https://wallpapercosmos.com/ online library. Maybe it can be an option for you as well?