Mudita Moment time shift

@kirkmahoneyphd Thank you for the feedback! I’m sure @aleksandra will be happy to hear this :smiley:

2 Likes

Correct, more than happy actually. Great to hear it works properly and you can enjoy your Mudita Moment. :white_heart:

1 Like

@urszula: My Moment now is ‘fast’ by 37 seconds per day, in spite of the work described above.

Arithmetic, Using a GPS Watch as Reference:

• I synchronized the Moment to my Garmin Forerunner 645 on Monday at 8:30:00 AM.
  • When my Forerunner hit 12:30:00 PM on Friday, my Moment said that the time was 12:32:34.
  • The Forerunner time span was exactly 100 hours (4x24 + 4).
  • The Moment was ahead by 2:34, which is 154 seconds ahead.
  • So, the Moment gained 1.54 seconds per hour over that 100-hour span.
  • Thus, the Moment gained 36.96 seconds per 24-hour period.

FYI: The Forerunner’s times were the same as my Windows PC’s times.

How can I return my Moment for replacement, repair, or refund?

My preference at this point is to get a refund, if that’s available, given that a few months in the hands of Błonie solved the less-time-advancement problem (+12.7619 seconds/day) only temporarily.

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd Thanks for brining it to our attention. As I remember, you had your watch looked at by the watch experts at Blonie some time ago. After that, things seemed fine, and now look like the problem has returned? Is this correct? I’m definitely going to as the product lead to weigh in on this issue right away. @aleksandra can you please let us know what we should do in this situation?

Yes, @urszula, it’s correct that the experts had my Moment for a few months and brought the time-advancement problem down from some +12.8 seconds/day to approximately +5 seconds/day, but now the problem is MUCH worse – at +37 seconds/day.

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd I’ve made the product lead aware of this & I’ll get back to you shortly.

1 Like

Hello @kirkmahoneyphd I’m sorry to hear you are dissatisfied about your watch. I believe what we need to underline in this case is that Moment is a self-winding automatic watch based on Japanese Miyota 9015. It is not a quartz mechanism and it is natural for this kind of watches to loose or gain seconds. The accuracy is measured in lab environment and Mudita Moment is regulated to 0/+10 seconds a day. You confirmed that after sending it to Błonie, it was within the range. It is often said that automatic watches have their own soul cause they are interacting with the environment. The way we use the watch has an impact on its performance. The way the mechanism works is highly complex. It might change due to temperature, impact, pressure, movements, altitude, electromagnetic field etc. It might be the way we wear it, where we take it, where and how long do we store it etc. An automatic watch will never be as accurate as your watch with quartz mechanizm and that’s what’s so special about it. If your watch is loosing some seconds per day it might indicate that there is something that has an impact on its movement in your daily routine. You might observe it and check if there is anything that should be avoided to be sure your watch won’t get more regulated. Usually the watch gets adjusted and it’s a more less stable number, which really depends on the way you use it. I’d be alarming if your watch would continuously change for worse repeatedly to loose/gain few minutes a day but as i understand it’s not that case. We understand how accuracy influences quality and this is why we regulate each watch in Błonie to ensue best possible quality. On the other hand, choosing a watch with an automatic movement means choosing a watch with a soul and it most probably won’t be as accurate as your quartz watch. At the end of the day it’s about enjoying the present moment, not catching every single second.

My Mudita Moment has gained 38.838 seconds/day in the 10 days and one hour since I synchronized it.

This is well beyond being “regulated to 0/+10 seconds a day.”

@urszula, how do I request a refund?

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd Please reach out to our customer service department- the same guys who are handling your Mudita Harmony replacement can help you with this. Let me know if I need to step in.

1 Like

@urszula: Thank you for your help with this return! Robert G with Mudita Customer Service promptly(!) gave me on August 29 the FedEx pages for returning the watch. I packaged the watch and gave it to a FedEx Office shop that same day. The package arrived in Warsaw on September 1, but the FedEx site now shows this:

OPERATIONAL DELAY
WARSAW PL
9/1/2022 9:00 AM

I emailed support@mudita.com today (September 8) about this, in case Mudita wants to contact FedEx in Warsaw about the “operational delay” with the shipment, which has now been stuck in Warsaw (at FedEx, presumably) for one week.

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd This is just part of the chaos that is FedEx. They are not the most efficient of couriers. We are aware of it & are working to get it taken care of.

1 Like