Mudita Moment time shift

Relating to https://support.mudita.com/support/solutions/articles/77000512161-how-many-seconds-a-day-does-this-watch-lose- I’m a bit disappointed. On Dec., 23nd at about 4 o’clock p. m. the time was set exactly on point. Now - 4 days and 8 hours later the watch shifted +90 seconds. Thats a bit more than I expected.

3 Likes

@wkwi Thank you for letting us know. I have forwarded your feedback to the Mudita Moment product lead. She knows the watch better than I do & can probably offer a solution.

2 Likes

@wkwi I got some info from our Product Lead Aleksandra. I know this situation can be frustrating, however, even the best watches will sometimes lose time. It’s actually quite common, and there are a few reasons for it. As you know, Mudita Moment is an automatic watch with the Miyota 9015 movement as the heart of the watch. The movement of the wrist activates the winding of the watch. If you didn’t wear the watch regularly or for long amount of time, it might not have sufficient power to function correctly, resulting in the watch losing time. Give it a few days & see if the problem corrects itself. If the problem still persists after the next few days, please contact support & we will work on getting it resolved from there.

1 Like

Dear Urszula,

the problem is not that the watch loses time. I wear the watch 24/7 (even at night), the spring is fully wound, and the watch gains time. Today it was 1:45 (mm:ss) in 5 days. That’s a lot for a Miyota 9015. My other automatic watch (Muehle M99) doesn’t lose/gain that much in a year. If the time shifts keep going on we should talk about some re-calibration.

Regards,
Wolfgang

4 Likes

@wkwi Thanks for the clarification. If there are no other factors to consider (magnetism/ damage) and this is till happening in the next couple of days- we will definitely try to figure this out. We will reach out to Błonie & see if there is anything else we have not thought of.

2 Likes

Hi,
yesterday I sync’ed the watch with the atomic Time. Now, 24 hours later the watch is about 45 seconds ahead. FYI
Regards,
Wolfgang

2 Likes

@wkwi I think this situation warrants a support ticket. Could you please fill out this form & let us know exactly what is happening so that your situation is handled by the proper person.

2 Likes

Thank you, @urszula! I used the form to which you posted to open a ticket about my beautiful Moment watch, which gains more than a minute per week.

Łukasz Sieciński then asked me in an email message to track my Moment’s accuracy.

My Moment gained 13.2857 seconds/day over the course of exactly seven days, and I emailed Łukasz about this a week ago.

Łukasz is supposed to be following up with me as to whether this is within Mudita’s desired accuracy for a Moment watch.

I like my Moment watch’s super-low serial number! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So, I am willing to ship my Moment watch back for adjustment, instead of getting a replacement Moment watch, if Mudita tells me that the current accuracy is outside Mudita’s standards.

Update: My Moment gained 12.7619 seconds/day over the course of exactly 21 days.

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd Welcome back :slight_smile: It’s been awhile since we’ve heard you around these parts. @aleksandra will respond to you shortly. She’s the Product Manager for Mudita Moment.

2 Likes

Hi @kirkmahoneyphd Thank you for your messages. I’ve followed your ticket report myself and I can assure you we are working on it. It might take some time but I’m sure Łukasz will come back to your case as soon as possible. As you mentioned, it gains a bit more seconds than predicted so we’ll try our best to help you and contact you directly. Thank you for your patience! :relaxed:

3 Likes

Thank you, @aleksandra! I love the watch – my first automatic watch. I still wear my powerful Garmin Forerunner 645 for runs and races, but I replaced the 645 with the Moment otherwise. The Moment on my wrist often reminds me how I was letting Garmin collect too much information about me … and how the 645 is still quite useful for training and racing WITHOUT a Garmin Connect app and account – now closed after I got Garmin to delete, to their credit, 50MB of compressed data!

3 Likes

@aleksandra – Łukasz was in touch with me, and my Moment got returned to Mudita several weeks ago for timing re-calibration. Can you please tell me the status of the re-calibration and approximately when I should expect to receive the re-calibrated watch? Thank you!

I miss my Moment.

:cry:

@kirkmahoneyphd @aleksandra is going to get in touch with you directly. Your watch is currently being recalibrated, but we should have it back this week.

1 Like

Hello @kirkmahoneyphd I’m very sorry for the long wait. I just confirmed with Błonie that your Moment is almost ready and we will make sure to send it to you as fast as possible. We’ll get in touch soon!

3 Likes

@aleksandra Thank you for getting back to Kirk so quickly. :smiley:

2 Likes

Thank you! FedEx delivered my re-calibrated Moment to my door this morning. I set its time to match the time on my Garmin Forerunner 645, and I’ll use the 645 time’s to check on the Moment’s time every so often in the coming weeks. My hope is that Błonie did a superb job. Thanks again!

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd Please let us know how everything is working in the next couple of weeks. I’m sure Błonie did a GREAT job, but I just want to be sure.

2 Likes

My re-calibrated Moment gained about 40 seconds over about eight days.

That works out to a gain of ~5 seconds/day – much shorter than before re-calibration. Thank you!

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd Thanks for the feedback. I think that’s pretty standard for automatic watches.

1 Like

I will stop checking the time advance of my Mudita Moment, as it is continuing to have a gain of ~5 seconds/day at fifteen days after synchronization with my Garmin Forerunner 645.

Well done, Błonie!

2 Likes