Mudita Center on a Raspberry Pi

Hi!
I did my best to gather the most recent information about the cross-compatibility of the Mudita Center and here’s what I’ve got:
According to the developers that are working on the MC, there is an issue with serial port handling in ARM-based ports of the Electron (at least in the version we are using). This causes some troubles when it comes to connecting the Pure to the app, no there’s no possibility to run the Mudita Center successfully on an ARM-based device.

But there’s also good news! Bumping up the Electron version with its requirements is planned along with the possibility to run the software on RPi/ARM-based computers, so it will surely work - that’s only a matter of time.

Hope this sheds some light on this topic, and if you had any questions - feel free to ask. I’ll be pleased to answer them.

1 Like

Hello there!
I have good news for you!
We managed to update the electron version in the Mudita Center app and we’ll try to get it to work on ARM devices in the next sprint, so the usage of the MC on Raspberry PI/ another ARM computer is getting closer :slight_smile:
Stay tuned!

5 Likes