Mudita Bell Reviews

Thank you so much! I would definitely like that option!

1 Like

Hello @jdrempel :smile:
Thank you so much for you feedback and honest review. Happy to hear your overall experience with Mudita Bell was positive and you are satisfied with main features. We are constantly working on improving our products, your feedback will be passed to our Design Team. I’m sorry you faced some issues with your alarm clock, we will highlight it to our team. If it would happen again, do not hesitate to contact us at support@mudita.com and i’m more than sure we will be able to help.
All the best! :relaxed:

3 Likes

@skilletsauce Here’s a promo code for ordering additional items to an already existing order: ShipItFree2

Thank you very much!!! I will add the Bell to my existing order!

1 Like

@skilletsauce PS: the code is valid until Monday Jan 24th

1 Like

Hi Urszula, i also bought a mudita Harmony and would love to buy a bell. I used the free shipping code you provided, but it says it expired. Maybe it is because I am on pacific time?

1 Like

@expresoxp Let me get you another one :smiley:

@expresoxp I just extended ShipItFree2 for another week so, feel free to order now.

1 Like

D.mn, I wish I had this offer when I ordered the Harmony (now in pre-order; on hold) 4 weeks after the Bell …

1 Like

@marc67 Sorry about that. We do regularly send out messages with discounts in our newsletters/updates to encourage our community to combine their products into a single shipment as a way to not only save money, but be more ecofriendly.

1 Like

I received the alarm clock a couple of weeks ago. Here’s what I like and don’t like:

Like:

• Good sturdy built, feels robust and heavy, but not too heavy
  • not always intuitive but overall easy to use, also thanks to a comprehensive manual
  • choice between 10 different good sounding tones, volume adjustable
  • integrated light source, that feels warm with adjustable brightness
  • snooze function
  • silent, no ticking sounds

Dislike:

• The color of the alarm clock chassis is not „pure“ white as the advertisement suggested, more like pebble gray. This is misleading and made for a bad first impression. It’s a bit disappointing, but not dramatic. I got over it.
  • What will be more annoying, is that you can’t set time and wake up time in both directions, because it might damage the mechanism. This is unpractical in two ways: First, you have to turn the clock and check in which direction you can turn the knob. And secondly, that means sometimes you have to turn it all the way around, if you wish to wake up one hour later or so. This is a constraint, that not even a 5 € alarm clock has. For the next iteration I would expect that to change.
  • For those, that do not wish to keep the clock plugged in to a charger, there should be a battery indicator for the whole cycle, not just nearly at the end.
2 Likes

Hi @spongothedongo Thank you so much for your feedback and review. We really appreciate all information you shared, happy to hear you overall liked Mudita Bell. I’m sorry to hear you were disappointed about the colour. It is described in specs as pebble gray, but we will surely work on visual representation so that it won’t be misleading. In terms of battery, please check out the full user manual and “battery level status” point - if you long press the light button you can check the battery status. Hope it’ll help and resolve the last point you mentioned. Thank you for sharing your review and choosing Mudita Bell, hope it’s stay in your bedroom from now on! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Some months ago on this forum, I asked for details of the actual movement (mechanism unit) used in the ‘Bell’: as far as I’m aware, this information has not been published.

1 Like

@chrisnb It’s a quartz mechanism. It’s listed on the product page. Our apologies if we somehow missed your question.

Thanks Urszula, but there’s surely a make & model, as it won’t have been manufactured in-house?

1 Like

Oh, I indeed didn’t know about the battery indicator. Doesn’t matter to me though, since I keep it plugged in anyway. It’s more for the others.
Yeah it stays on my bedside table. The color isn’t a dealbreaker. It’s more that it did not align with my expectations of „pure white“, but I got over it. In the long run, reliability is way more important with these things anyway and so far it seems to be doing its job well enough :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@spongothedongo We’re happy you’re enjoying your Mudita Bell. That’s important.

@chrisnb You’re right, there is. It’s a sweep movement mechanism by the company Ostar. Hopefully that helps.

Made in China.
At the price of your clock, why not a UTS movement from Germany, for example?
Ostar appears to be a wholly Chinese company, not just outsourced production.

1 Like

FYI, In my experience the battery lasts at leasts 2 months. Maybe more, but after that period I just decided to charge it.

So, although minor impact, the environment will thank you for not having it plugged in all the time … :wink:

3 Likes