Loud clicks when typing

My first reaction when I saw this video in your last production update https://youtu.be/kd_47jf9Doc
was : that’s some very loud clicks going on there, why are the buttons so heavy to press? I anticipate this to be a major disappointment factor when I finally get this device in my hands. For typing speed my goal is 200 clicks per minute, but this would probably put too much strain on my thumb… Would you mind trying this yourself (typing any random button sequence on the keypad for 1 minute at that rate?) and let us know how your hand reacted to the resistance?

3 Likes

@thinkround I’ve passed this question on to our design team. I’ll get back with the answer, once they respond. I think that what you’re observing is likely to change because the prototype I have does not exhibit any loud clicks. However, I will wait to confirm this info once I get an update from the design dept.

1 Like

@thinkround Design got back to me quite quickly with the answer. GREAT news - The final product will be more soundproof. Our prototypes do not have a seal- which is resulting in the louder sound. Plus, the fact that the phone is operated while being placed on a hard surface is also contributing to the sound you reverberation you hear.

3 Likes

ok that’s promising. I’m still worried about the heavy resistance. How does your thumb feel after 200 clicks in 60 seconds?

3 Likes

Any update on this?

3 Likes

Yes, I’m interested in this too.

3 Likes