Looking for advice..Buy the pure or wait for the new phones

Struggling with whether to buy the pure or wait for their next generation. There seems to be a lot of negatives about the phone as I look at the different forum discussions.

2 Likes

@bigtime79: One factor is where you live.

For example, the Mudita Pure handles 2G, 3G, and 4G/LTE. Forum posts imply – to me, anyway – that Pure owners who live in countries where 3G and/or 2G are still available SEEM to have fewer signal-strength problems than those Pure owners who live in countries where 3G and 2G are unavailable.

If you live in the USA, then you should know that 2G is no longer available, that AT&T Wireless and T-Mobile USA have already shut down 3G, and that Verizon Wireless is shutting down 3G in 23 days. This means that the Mudita Pure will ONLY use 4G/LTE signals in the USA starting on 1 January 2023.

1 Like

What about Canada? Is the signal strength good there?

1 Like

This forum has posts from Canadian citizens, so I’ll leave it to them to answer that question.

2 Likes

My suggestion is - don’t go for it. I used it for 2 weeks. Many problems with calls. I have shared logs to the mudita team to answer why the device call quality is bad. The reply is that low SAR antenna is the reason which can’t be fixed in this product. Second concern is the Harmon speaker audio is very poor.

The two good things that were advertised 1) low sar antenna 2) harmon speaker, both end up in disaster of the product.

3 Likes

No, I’m from India.

1 Like

As much as I like the Pure, it is not without frustration. I’ve been using it almost 3 months now. Calls drop and missed texts happen. It is acceptable to me because I don’t call/text much (I stopped texting as much when I started using the Pure and that was one of my objectives) but if you do it could be very frustrating.

1 Like

Yeah I am the same. When I returned this last time it was because I did not get reception in a library. Other than that it worked. Yeah it would disconnect here and there but not for too long. I am on the light phone again and it works perfectly but once again because of the voice to text I find I am using it more than I want to. Where with the Mudita because its T9 I would barely text. So yeah I know this phone can work for me but now with them making some devices I am leaning towards waiting but who know how long it will be till those devices are released

1 Like

There is a white one on ebay I may bid on. I think mudita is sick of me ordering and returning phones lol. And I am pretty sure I am the reason they put that disclaimer you see when you want to buy the phone lol

1 Like

Oh it is very frustrating, I agree. I ordered a second Pure for my kids to use, but ultimately returned it when I had trouble updating it, phone was freezing randomly, etc. I didn’t mind dealing it as much the first time, and very happy that it is working, but I don’t have that time nor energy again, and for my kids since they only use it as needed, I need their phone to be reliable.

1 Like

Are you in Canada or the states?

1 Like

I’m in the states. We live out in the country so I’m quite happy I get service at home lol.

2 Likes