Latest Release 1.4 - Call dropped when someone calls when I'm already on a phone call

The latest release has been great so far. One thing I noticed is that when I was on a call with my brother, the phone began beeping. I recognized this as someone else was calling, however the screen did not show there was someone calling in. After the alerts stopped, my current call disconnected.

I called my brother back and then someone tried to call again (the beeping) and no notification that someone was calling showed up on the screen. Once the beeping stopped, the call dropped.

I looked at my call logs and didnā€™t see who called. After a moment, a text came through from my girlfriend saying she called twice.

The previous version let me know who was calling and would allow me to switch over or not.

4 Likes

@mmallen37 I passed this issue onto our team & it looks like this might be a bug. Whatā€™s your phoneā€™s serial number? Also, could you please send the logs to our Team so that can investigate this issue further?

3 Likes

Thanks, Urszula.

Will send logs once Iā€™m home tonight.

Serial #: 26438540260652

4 Likes

@mmallen37 awesome. After some discussion with the team, they do think this might be a bug & can be fixed.

4 Likes

when is next update planned with bug fixes?

4 Likes

That shouldnā€™t take too much longer, I think. Here you can see the upcoming changes:

5 Likes

@ramamohan Thanks for reaching out. Hereā€™s the list of the items that are planned for MuditaOS 1.6.0- Itā€™s scheduled to be released in March

Changed / Improved

• Improved dialog with network via USSD.
  • Added serial number and timestamp to crashdump filename.
  • Changed order of starting services, ServiceDesktop moved to the back.

Fixed

SIM Cards:

• Fixed disappearing ā€œconfirmā€ button in PIN entering screen.
  • Fixed looping on the SIM card selection screen.
  • Fixed French translation for SIM cards texts.
  • Fixed inability to unblock SIM card when previously ejected during slot switching.
  • Fixed VoLTE switch availability after taking out SIM card.

Calls:

• Fixed adding and deleting country code prefix to existing contact.
  • Fixed crash on music file with invalid tags.
  • Fixed calls to emergency contact when typed manually.
  • Fixed unwanted Mudita Center passcode prompt after long press ā€˜#ā€™ while dialing.

Contacts:

• Fixed text not showing when adding/editing contact if text began with ā€˜jā€™ glyph.
  • Fixed OS crash when editing contact by adding country prefix to number.

Music Player:

• Fixed crash on music file with invalid tags.
  • Fixed full filesystem path displayed in music player for invalid files instead of just filename.
  • Fixed problem with track info not being displayed correctly.

Notes:

• Fixed notes paste option showing for empty clipboard.
  • Fixed notes window title.
  • Fixed backspace behavior in text edit.

• Fixed improper message text displaying after pasting from clipboard.
  • Fixed message content being deleted when phone mode changed on new message window.

General:

• Fixed USSD handling crash.
  • Fixed wrong navigation bar state after exit from custom repeat window.
  • Fixed French translations for Unlock Screen.
  • Fixed crash when syncing with Mudita Center.
  • Fixed broken French translation on ā€˜Configure passcodeā€™ screen in Onboarding.
  • Fixed navigation through the ringtone preview list to automatically switch playback to the currently selected option.

Alarm:

• Fixed inactive alarms after timezone change and reboot.

Bluetooth:

• Fixed no sound when Bluetooth audio device connected/disconnected during call.
4 Likes

@marko Thanks for jumping in & helping a fellow Community member.
We understand that not everyone is on GitHub, thatā€™s why we usually publish software release notes on our website. Mudita Support
Looks like we are missing MuditaOS 1.6.0 for Pure. I will ask our team to make sure everything is up to date.

4 Likes

Thank you @marko, @urszula .

4 Likes

@mmallen37 Have you updated to 1.6.0 yet. The signal strength seems to have improved.

2 Likes

From my side the calls are not dropping as much.

1 Like

Greetings, I returned my phone for a refund at the end of 2022.

1 Like

@mmallen37 Thatā€™s too bad. It really does seem to get better with every update. I got it a year ago. My dad was a Kickstarter backer and he gave me the phone as a gift. It was really a beta version at that point, thereā€™s no denying it. Everything halfway worked or just didnā€™t. But now, after the last 2 updates it just like night and day.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a nice gift.

I really like the idea of the phone and the mission behind the company. I have the Harmony clock and use their cloud storage, but the phone was severely ā€œundercookedā€ and definitely in a beta state. I tried to be patient but waiting 2 years to receive the phone and then having it for 9 months and it still couldnā€™t be used as my daily phone was frustrating.

Mudita as a company and customer service has been great and I still support what theyā€™re doing. I look forward to the next phone when they will have worked out majority of the kinks in the software and service.

2 Likes

I just wanted to bump this issue as it appears to still happen.

1 Like

me too, i have the same issue with latest update

2 Likes